Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do at University?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just finished my AS exams, just gone back to start my A Level courses! I took History, English, Maths and Chemistry, but considering dropping History (I absolutely hate one of the topics we're studying!)

Anyway, I have no idea what to do at University, and with teachers encouraging us to start drafting personal statements now I'm starting to panic a bit :')

I've considered a career in law, but I also really enjoy maths! Any suggestions welcomed

Thank youuuu!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    this isn't really something anyone can decide but yourself! have you got a flare for anything? or have any career ideas been sticking out to you for a while, or any you keep going back to?
    I'd been changing my mind since year 10, but always kept going back to teaching, therefore I'm starting an English degree in September to start me off!
    It has to be something you enjoy, or you'll hate uni and regret it!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy maths then do that? You can always do a law conversion course after it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzloo)
    Just finished my AS exams, just gone back to start my A Level courses! I took History, English, Maths and Chemistry, but considering dropping History (I absolutely hate one of the topics we're studying!)

Anyway, I have no idea what to do at University, and with teachers encouraging us to start drafting personal statements now I'm starting to panic a bit :')

I've considered a career in law, but I also really enjoy maths! Any suggestions welcomed

Thank youuuu!
    With those A levels Law is a good subject. Maths may be a bit difficult as a lot of universities ask for Further Maths as well. Could you maybe do this in your A2 year?

Other uni courses you could do:
    English
    Chemistry
    Archaeology
    Anthropology
    Architecture
    International Relations
    Land Economy
    Sociology
    Politics
    Linguistics
    Philosophy
    Theology
    Film Studies
    History (yup, most don't require the A level)
    History of Art
    Ancient History
    Psychology
    Even some medicine courses!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzloo)

Thank youuuu!
    Hey there fellow Welshie!

If you're good at chemistry then I'd seriously recommend Chemical Engineering. It's very maths and chemistry based, and it's such a good degree. Bare in mind that it will be quite difficult though.

Pob lwc!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Student crowdfunds degree

Graduate raises £26,000 online for Masters course

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.