Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Royal Holloway Classic Dept. Closing Down Help ?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just finished my A2 exams. & will be attending Royal Holloway Classic Taster Day next week, is it still worth going if they are planning to close the department ? Urgent advice pls
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Think I saw on the website of the Junior Association of Classical Teachers that their campaign worked or w/e and there won't be any closures

http://www.jact.org/news.html - fifth article down
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. It's worrying that their newly established Classics & Philosophy Dept, will be changed yet again. Would it be unwise to address my concerns on Thursday ?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesysteak16)
    Thanks. It's worrying that their newly established Classics & Philosophy Dept, will be changed yet again. Would it be unwise to address my concerns on Thursday ?
    No, ask them. Perhaps not in a group, but one on one when you're to the side with a lecturer or something. Slip it into the conversation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to do classics at RHUL in September (depending on if I get the grades) and they told me on the day of my interview that department isn't closing down and has no plans to in the future. It's definitely safe to apply. I wouldn't have firmed it if I thought there was a chance of closure.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.