Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should i report this? Driving without licence or insurance?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lets keep this simple. I live in manchester. And i have noticed that Theres a few youngsters in my area that buy bangers, rag em around, do handbrake turns, skids, wheelspins, pop fire shots in exhausts, they have like 4 different cars each week, and all of them be damaged (maybe crash for crash claims damage jobs) . They drive em around fast as they can, they have no licences or insurance. Then they sell the cars on to innocent people through gumtree for cheap.

Worse thing is, that the area i live in is rough, thers like 4 police cars patroling the main road all day, and plenty more in undercover cars. And still these guys are at it. What if they crash into me, or some other innocent person?

Do you think i should report them to the police or leave them to it? What if the police tell them that i snitched?

Cheers.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    YES!!

I am sick to death of hearing chavs driving round on uninsured bikes/cars. They obviously have no insurance or tax because slimier to you its a new one every week.

And lets face it if they crash into another person its totally unfair on them.

Good Luck
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jobsworth.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    Jobsworth.
    What you mean? How would you like it if some that aint got licence or insurance crashed into you and killed a passenger or injured one of your passenger serverely?!

Im just wondering if i shud report em, cause they are the top dogs and got links, they roll deep :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The police can't tell them who reported.

Go for it. These people need to be kept off the roads.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've never reported anything and am not sure how it works. But I believe you can do it anonymously or have the police not reveal your identity? If you can do that, then report them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazbian)
    I've never reported anything and am not sure how it works. But I believe you can do it anonymously or have the police not reveal your identity? If you can do that, then report them.
    I think i might just leave them to it. They are good drivers to be honest, but they'l probably get caught by the Five-0. Worse thing is, that their cars appear to be insured, just check on askMID. The car's previous owner prob still hasnt taken the plates of the database. And they've got their tax and mot. So chance's of ANPR at light.

Forget em, their risking their licence and record. Il leave em to it. Plus, no one likes a grass.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VtecMB3)
    I think i might just leave them to it. They are good drivers to be honest, but they'l probably get caught by the Five-0. Worse thing is, that their cars appear to be insured, just check on askMID. The car's previous owner prob still hasnt taken the plates of the database. And they've got their tax and mot. So chance's of ANPR at light.

Forget em, their risking their licence and record. Il leave em to it. Plus, no one likes a grass.
    Biggest pile of **** I've read on this forum.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should absolutely report the idiots. The only thing required for evil [or ********s] to prevail, is for good people to do nothing. Wonder who said that? :cool:
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    you can be anonymous when reporting bad people to the police.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How should i report them then? I prefer to be anonymous, shall i just go into a phone box, call 999, and change my voice, not giving name or any contact information about me ?

And should i wear leather gloves so i my finger prints dont be on the phone too?

Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There is that service where you can report crime anonymously and if you helped the case you might get a reward. This is it I think: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/?gcl...FUYntAodzScn2g
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:

And should i wear leather gloves so i my finger prints dont be on the phone too?

Thanks.
    :troll::troll::troll:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Report them.

I live in an area similar to what you've described by the sounds of it, a few months ago some **** trying to be smart went round the bend and flipped his car over :rolleyes: The joke's on him because he was banned from driving for the foreseeable future.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    LOL, you're the one without insurance, you admitted to insurance fraud earlier on a thread.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

It's anonymous. Who cares about being called a grass? Grow a pair.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndyAM)
    LOL, you're the one without insurance, you admitted to insurance fraud earlier on a thread.
    Lol
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:

It's their licence and record, but it's the lives of innocents and your premiums that are damaged and raised respectively by idiots. You have a responsibility as a citizen, hell even as just a motorist, to report people driving dangerously and without a licence or insurance.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    It's their licence and record, but it's the lives of innocents and your premiums that are damaged and raised respectively by idiots. You have a responsibility as a citizen, hell even as just a motorist, to report people driving dangerously and without a licence or insurance.
    Im gonna pop down to the local phone box (has to be out of CCTV camera view) tomorow to do the deed. I see people doing drug deals everyday and know who the local drug dealers are, and also where they grow it. Can i get paid to snitch??
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sashari)
    There is that service where you can report crime anonymously and if you helped the case you might get a reward. This is it I think: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/?gcl...FUYntAodzScn2g
    Thanks man! I just went on the site, but they do not give rewards online, however they do on the phone. I know so many drug dealing spot and people who do drugs, can even take photographic evidence. Once i snitch, and if they are arrested and charged, i can claim a reward up to maximum of £1000! And i dont need to tell them my name! Or any identification.

Just found a part time job now, being a undercover snitch!

Thanks man, your a superstar bro!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 22, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.