Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

AQA A2 English Lit A Jan 2012?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I can get the past paper for Jan 2012 AQA A2 English Lit A Reading for meaning? Quite urgently want it, but have so far been unsuccessful in trying to find it
    Any help would be appreciated!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I dint think the papers are release until a year after they are sat.

Though I sat the exam and can tell you what came up if that's what you're wanting
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retrodisco666)
    I dint think the papers are release until a year after they are sat.

Though I sat the exam and can tell you what came up if that's what you're wanting
    Thanks! But tbh kind of want the paper just so I can do another practice essay How did you find it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentccs)
    Thanks! But tbh kind of want the paper just so I can do another practice essay How did you find it?
    It wasn't too bad. I was 1 Mark off a B but would of got higher but I can't do metaphysical poetry and John donne came up :L the other extracts were good though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't too bad. I was 1 Mark off a B but would of got higher but I can't do metaphysical poetry and John donne came up :L the other extracts were good though
    Ah that's really good Was it poetry/poetry for the first question? I have got a really bad feeling I'm going to get drama/drama as they haven't done that one yet What were the other extracts?
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's really good Was it poetry/poetry for the first question? I have got a really bad feeling I'm going to get drama/drama as they haven't done that one yet What were the other extracts?
    It was Donne and Elizabeth Jennings for Section A and B was Troilus and Cressida and Hardy's The Woodlanders. (If I'm remember it correctly! I marked Section B as our mock, but didn't do A. The Jennings poem was One Flesh. The Donne was the marriage one, I think. Haven't got my copies here at home.)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Which texts have you been studying? Because we did John Donne/The Duchess of Malfi and Othello, and questions for those were pretty straightforward
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Was poetry/poetry one flesh and a Donne marriage one.
    Then it was Troilus and Cressida (drama) and the woodlanders (prose) and was about the end of a relationship
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was poetry/poetry one flesh and a Donne marriage one.
    Then it was Troilus and Cressida (drama) and the woodlanders (prose) and was about the end of a relationship
    Of course it was! How stupid of me! Going back to edit my post pronto!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    Of course it was! How stupid of me! Going back to edit my post pronto!
    Haha was a realt good paper though...except for Donne
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haha was a realt good paper though...except for Donne
    My students were ok with the Donne, because they'd done it, but they hated the T&C. Section B seems to me to often be done worse. I think it's because they've run out of steam and it's harder to compare two different genres, but I'm only speculating. (The Rover was on the last mock paper I marked. Time blurs when you're old. Also exam papers, obviously.)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My students were ok with the Donne, because they'd done it, but they hated the T&C. Section B seems to me to often be done worse. I think it's because they've run out of steam and it's harder to compare two different genres, but I'm only speculating. (The Rover was on the last mock paper I marked. Time blurs when you're old. Also exam papers, obviously.)
    Most people in my class think that but i find section B easy personally. And i lost marks on the first question but i always struggle with Donne and metaphysical poetry :/ Hoping for some good extracts
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Most people in my class think that but i find section B easy personally. And i lost marks on the first question but i always struggle with Donne and metaphysical poetry :/ Hoping for some good extracts
    It's all a matter of personal taste, I suspect. I do think the drama extracts are tricky because you have to absorb so much context before you can understand who's saying what to whom, without any surrounding narrative to help you out. Never neglect the synopsis at the top of the extract. It's really worth spending time making sure you've got the right end of the stick before you start writing. At one meeting I was at, the chief examiner said he knew if a candidate started writing straightaway, they weren't likely to do well, because the time is designed to incorporate the reading time needed to understand it properly. Only he put it a bit more eloquently.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's all a matter of personal taste, I suspect. I do think the drama extracts are tricky because you have to absorb so much context before you can understand who's saying what to whom, without any surrounding narrative to help you out. Never neglect the synopsis at the top of the extract. It's really worth spending time making sure you've got the right end of the stick before you start writing. At one meeting I was at, the chief examiner said he knew if a candidate started writing straightaway, they weren't likely to do well, because the time is designed to incorporate the reading time needed to understand it properly. Only he put it a bit more eloquently.

Can't imagine not planning! Although I hate the time limit for this paper. Means I am always writing up until the last second practically! Never enough time for me I normally don't mind the drama - I actually really liked 'The Rover', had a lot to say about it, although I can see what you mean, particularly if it's a long extract!
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't imagine not planning! Although I hate the time limit for this paper. Means I am always writing up until the last second practically! Never enough time for me I normally don't mind the drama - I actually really liked 'The Rover', had a lot to say about it, although I can see what you mean, particularly if it's a long extract!
    It's not that there's anything wrong with the drama extracts that they choose, although unseen Shakespeare, and a difficult one at that, is a bit of a mean trick, it's just getting your head round the plot and characters out of context. I'm glad you plan. Nothing worse than seeing an unannotated script.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's not that there's anything wrong with the drama extracts that they choose, although unseen Shakespeare, and a difficult one at that, is a bit of a mean trick, it's just getting your head round the plot and characters out of context. I'm glad you plan. Nothing worse than seeing an unannotated script.
    Can see what you mean be that! Hope we don't get anything like that this time around Just hope the paper isn't too mean, and I can manage my time well. Hopefully then everything will be alright!
    • 44 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can see what you mean be that! Hope we don't get anything like that this time around Just hope the paper isn't too mean, and I can manage my time well. Hopefully then everything will be alright!
    Expect it to be vile, because it probably will be, but also realise that everyone is in the same boat and they will make sure that the grade boundaries yield the same proportion of As etc as they always do. Good luck.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 16, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.