Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

annual eustatian tube blockage

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on

3 years ago I got the most agonizing pain in my ears which lasted months before the incompetent NHS doctors would take me seriously and prescribe something to fix it. Turns out my eustatian tubes were blocked and a nasal spray sorted it out. Last year I got the same problem, again it started in around may and I used the same nasal spray and 2 weeks later my ears stopped hurting. Now for the past few days the pain is back and it is very very painful indeed.

I still have the nasal spray but it's almost out of date so I'm going to use it and hopefully it'll clear things up, but what I'm wondering is; is this going to be an annual thing? Is there anything I can do to stop this happening because the pain is really intense and I heard there are problems with using nasal sprays long term.

:facepalm: spelt eustachian. My bad.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's probably something the incompetent NHS doctors will know.

Out of interest, do you suffer with hay fever at all?

(Original post by clarusblue)
    That's probably something the incompetent NHS doctors will know.

Out of interest, do you suffer with hay fever at all?
    Given that they told me for 8 months straight that I was hallucinating the pain, I'm somewhat reluctant to ask them for any advice.

I had hayfever once in my life one summer when I was about 10 years old for some unknown reason, but nothing before or after then.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Given that they told me for 8 months straight that I was hallucinating the pain, I'm somewhat reluctant to ask them for any advice.

I had hayfever once in my life one summer when I was about 10 years old for some unknown reason, but nothing before or after then.
    I can't believe they told you you were imagining the pain, I can imagine them looking in your ears and saying they couldn't see a reason for the pain, which is not the same.

I was wondering maybe you were a hay fever sufferer and got swelling of your head and neck causing the blockage. As it's only been three times, with a year's break and slightly different timing this year I'd probably say coincidence. Just go to the GP and ask for the same spray so you have one with a good use by date and use that whenever you get a hint of it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 15, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.