The Student Room Group

Need to get over him.

Met this guy at a friends party and we got really well, he added me on facebook and we talk all the time like old friends despite only meeting each other that once.

The problem is that I have found myself falling for him, and have no idea how he feels about me (though I get the impression he sees me as nothing more than someone to talk to to pass the time.) Though, even if he did like me back nothing would be able to happen between us for various reasons.

I really want to get over him, because the situation is getting me down, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting over crushes.
im currently trying to get over someone too and it sucks. are you sure you cant tell him how you feel?just to get it out of your system,and if you cant be together(like you said) why not cut contact?it will be so much easier in the end.this will be your closure.
tell him-i think we should cut all contact for a while until i get over you. theres nothing wrong with saying that!:smile:
Start distancing yourself, break him down in your mind to how he really is. Most crushes are where we put someone else up on a pedestal and see an idealised version. Write down a list of his less attractive traits to make him seem more human.

You can distract yourself as much as possible. Maybe take up some exercise or start reading so you have something deep to involved yourself in when he's on your mind. It helps to get yourself out there too. An easy way to get over a crush is to become interested in another. Make the most of being free and try meeting new people.

Here's an unusual idea: wear a rubber band around your wrist, and every time you think of him, snap it a little. It's mean to have a psychologically affect as it rewires your thinking so that you naturally relate thinking of him as something negative. It'll help you stop thinking about him all the time.
Reply 3
Original post by Ladyliesel
Here's an unusual idea: wear a rubber band around your wrist, and every time you think of him, snap it a little. It's mean to have a psychologically affect as it rewires your thinking so that you naturally relate thinking of him as something negative. It'll help you stop thinking about him all the time.

I really like this.
Reply 4
Original post by Ladyliesel
Start distancing yourself, break him down in your mind to how he really is. Most crushes are where we put someone else up on a pedestal and see an idealised version. Write down a list of his less attractive traits to make him seem more human.

You can distract yourself as much as possible. Maybe take up some exercise or start reading so you have something deep to involved yourself in when he's on your mind. It helps to get yourself out there too. An easy way to get over a crush is to become interested in another. Make the most of being free and try meeting new people.

Most crushes are where we put someone else up on a pedestal and see an idealised version.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending