Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Over 50,000 different species of spider...

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aljolson)
    How does this leave us with cross pollination with plants, or cloning, the argument is very interpretive. Shifting the goalposts again. Now that the human genome has been mapped and we are starting on other species, how long before we establish proof of species change. The religionists will have an answer for that no doubt.
    God put the genes there to trick us. Just like dinosaur bones... :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How does this leave us with cross pollination with plants, or cloning, the argument is very interpretive. Shifting the goalposts again. Now that the human genome has been mapped and we are starting on other species, how long before we establish proof of species change. The religionists will have an answer for that no doubt.
    Cross pollination - Plants belong to the same created kind. Same way hybrids can be formed in animals they both decend form the same Kind.

I don't deny speciation neither do any creationist, the evidence is clear but their is no observable evidence that one kind of animal changes into another. Their are many differen species of Cats, but they are still cats, on the gallapogos darwin documented numerous types of finches but they are still finches.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    But surely this assumes that spiders have existed for tens of millions of years (for this sort of genetic drift to occur)? Then this contradicts religion etc.
    Not at all. Rapid speciation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polka Dot)
    I well it depends on the criteria you set for the classification. Classification is not an absolute science and is subjective. But I believe there is a point beyond which you cannot cross. Existing genetic information can be adapted and changed and lost but new information can not be aquired.
    I agree classification is not an exact SCIENCE, but the biblical interpretation of classification is. Like for Like, No way could a waterbound animal become eathbound and change over millions of years, to be a branch in the tree of life of humanity. Creationism sucks, long live the revolution of evolution.
    • 72 followers

ReputationRep:
    So that he could see Noah's look of horror when he was commanded to collect 7 of every 'clean' animal and 350,000 spiders came marching over the hillsides towards him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cross pollination - Plants belong to the same created kind. Same way hybrids can be formed in animals they both decend form the same Kind.

I don't deny speciation neither do any creationist, the evidence is clear but their is no observable evidence that one kind of animal changes into another. Their are many differen species of Cats, but they are still cats, on the gallapogos darwin documented numerous types of finches but they are still finches.
    How can you have observable evidence in a process that takes millions of years? Genetics, to me the most potent of sciences, not that I studied them, wish I had though, is going to break your God myth eventually. Then your mutated religious proofs will find another way to integrate God into the world of science.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I agree classification is not an exact SCIENCE, but the biblical interpretation of classification is. Like for Like, No way could a waterbound animal become eathbound and change over millions of years, to be a branch in the tree of life of humanity. Creationism sucks, long live the revolution of evolution.
    It can be observed creatures stay within distinct kind, their is no observable evidence for molecules to man evolution we observe variation in animals but these animals stay within distinct kinds ,cats are still cats, cattle are still cattle, and darwins finches are still finches.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It can be observed creatures stay within distinct kind, their is no observable evidence for molecules to man evolution we observe variation in animals but these animals stay within distinct kinds ,cats are still cats, cattle are still cattle, and darwins finches are still finches.
    Sorry for your lack of knowledge, it cannot be observed as it takes millions of years, modern science is only, debateably, 200 years old. The changes that make the eye a little brighter, the wing a little lighter, the legs a little longer, and your argument a little wronger, is evolution. Accept it, it is the real TRUTH.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    To the bible bashers, why did God bother creating all of them?
    Cause he could man
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Natural selection

Genetic drfit
    Genetic variation
    How do you know that? Were you there when the bible was written and know thats is what they meant or did someone tell you and you are just repeating it?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it is rapid speciation, here must be new species of spiders coming into being every year and indeed many different organisms as well.

Actually, I just realised I am trying to use logic and facts when debating with a religious person, these are of course things a lot of religious people find incomprehensible and superfluous because they live in la la land.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    That must have been some fairly rapid speciation then...:rolleyes:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arekkusu)
    Well I think 50,000 species of spider proves conclusively that God is a complete dickhead.
    And it only took ten posts to get there. Jolly good.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.