The Student Room Group

Is this Gaming PC any good?

http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Cyberpower_H61_configurator/

If I buy the above PC as it is will it be able to run minecraft on at least normal render distance at a minimum of 30fps?
And what settings and fps would I get on say Battlefield or MW3?
With what configuration, because it seems that you haven't customised it yet. With the base configuration, don't expect to run much.
Reply 2
Original post by sazzabazza
With what configuration, because it seems that you haven't customised it yet. With the base configuration, don't expect to run much.

Yh with the base configuration. Could it run minecraft on AT LEAST NORMAL RENDER AT 30FPS?
I think in terms of gaming PCs, nothing comes above an Alienware!
Original post by HK786
Yh with the base configuration. Could it run minecraft on AT LEAST NORMAL RENDER AT 30FPS?

To be honest, I don't actually know, that GPU is one of the weakest of the new cards that Nvidia have released, so I wouldn't expect it to run Minecraft that fluidly at normal setting, coupled with that Pentium processor. What's your budget, maybe I could recommend a decent configuration.
Reply 5
Original post by sazzabazza
To be honest, I don't actually know, that GPU is one of the weakest of the new cards that Nvidia have released, so I wouldn't expect it to run Minecraft that fluidly at normal setting, coupled with that Pentium processor. What's your budget, maybe I could recommend a decent configuration.

umm. a max of £400
Original post by justneedhelp

What you mean that overpriced piece of ****?
Original post by HK786

If I buy the above PC as it is will it be able to run minecraft on at least normal render distance at a minimum of 30fps?

I can run minecraft on fancy setting with my laptop that is £400.

To be fair these guys are trolling you who say you can't run minecraft. Minecraft would run on anything with a decent graphics card. I could even run minecraft on a crappier laptop with an inbuilt graphic card.

lol no
Original post by HK786

build your own.
Reply 10
Original post by Simplicity
I can run minecraft on fancy setting with my laptop that is £400.

To be fair these guys are trolling you who say you can't run minecraft. Minecraft would run on anything with a decent graphics card. I could even run minecraft on a crappier laptop with an inbuilt graphic card.

what is the name and model of your laptop. A link to it perhaps? thanks

Picture related, it's you

Alienware is the most overpriced producer of computers for gaming I've ever seen.
Original post by Wick3d

Lol. This.
Reply 13
Original post by Wick3d

Hahaha, the guy you quoted is seriously demented. Or he's a fanboy.

Quick Reply

Latest