Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Core Science Aqa Multiple Choice - Struggling! DESPERATE...

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I'm new here As my thread title suggests, I'm having major traumas' trying to get an A* for my science resits.
    Apologies for the lack of detail here, but I have overall an A which I think I've managed to scrape. There are 6 modules (hoping to find someone who finds this familiar) and I have A's in a few and I think 2 or 3 High B's.....
    I really struggle with the core multiple choice questions on all fronts, I find additional much easier :confused: Anyway the exam is on the 22nd, and I'm having a complete melt down as I'm scoring High B's or A's in my modules. I'm told I basically need A* in almost all the modules to get one overall. High A *'s too I think. Forgot to add, I'm resitting all 6.
    Desperately need help on all these fronts, is anyone kind enough to advise how to get an A* please. What do I need to revise?
    As Current I'm using the CGP core science guide, and then the corresponding workbook to consolidate my knowledge, but it obviously isn't effective. I find Biology easy, and I struggle a little with Chemistry, but having revised it and looking at the past papers I am totally clueless, barely getting a B....
    Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone, I'm quite impatient? (you've probably noticed). I'll give this a little nudge to the top, is this the relevant section ?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just do all the questions you can find relating to your topics, test yourself e.g. flashcards or picking out a key word and then using that to explain the whole topic and make sure you do EVERY past paper!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reelberg83, Thanks for the advice; Thats almost at current what I've been doing with the flashcards especially, I suppose I should comb over the past papers though
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think past papers are that important yet at this stage yet. Make sure you've covered a bit of everything using your revision txtbk. Then do your past papers otherwise you'd be tempted to just look at the past paper answers and not actually learn much!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi im in year 11 and also resitting core on the 22nd but only doing biology 1a...i want to use bbc bitesize to revise but it is giving me two options "pre-2011 course" or "2011 onwards course" im not sure which one it is? :/ can anyone help me?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2012
New on TSR

'Stalking pages' have changed!

Find other uni applicants with University Connect

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.