Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

facebook: why do people keep trying to add you after you've ignored them?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    O.k, i dont get it. Why do people keep trying to add you after you've already hit ignore once? Are they so deluded that they think theres some sort of glitch or you accidently ignored them? Also, im fed up of being called arrogant or whatever just because i dont want to accept some guy i know from school/work that i dont talk to. Just because they feel its necessary to add every person theyve ever met, doesn't mean i want 1000 facebook friends. end of rant.

discuss
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You get called arrogant for that? How does anyone even know you rejected some dude?

Anyway, if they call you arrogant, just pretend you didn't even hear. Let's mentally *block* all loserish comments we hear. A certain degree of irreverence for the opinion of others is becoming more and more necessary to stay sane in this life -facepalm.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasputina)
    You get called arrogant for that? How does anyone even know you rejected some dude?

Anyway, if they call you arrogant, just pretend you didn't even hear. Let's mentally *block* all loserish comments we hear. A certain degree of irreverence for the opinion of others is becoming more and more necessary to stay sane in this life -facepalm.
    ive had a few people trying to add me multiple times, one of them figured out i ignored them in the end and it was a mate of theirs dishing out the insults. I told them it wasn't anything personal and i liked the guy, i just didnt want him as a facebook friend. didnt go down well!

edit: deactivated my facebook account earlier - had enough of family snooping without the other annoyances of facebook! ''missing 'insert name' so much r.i.p'' jeez learn some respect guys and pay them a visit if you care instead of publicising it on your facebook!
    • 142 followers

ReputationRep:
    Accidently ignoring them is possible you know
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2cool)
    O.k, i dont get it. Why do people keep trying to add you after you've already hit ignore once? Are they so deluded that they think theres some sort of glitch or you accidently ignored them? Also, im fed up of being called arrogant or whatever just because i dont want to accept some guy i know from school/work that i dont talk to. Just because they feel its necessary to add every person theyve ever met, doesn't mean i want 1000 facebook friends. end of rant.

discuss
    I don't think it tells them, I've had people keep adding me and it's a nightmare having to keep on blocking them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xander93)
    I don't think it tells them, I've had people keep adding me and it's a nightmare having to keep on blocking them.
    it doesn't tell them, but you knew if someone hasnt accepted you already then they dont wanna know!
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    It happend to me before, I just blocked them in the end. I don't know what goes though their heads, if someone doesn't accept their friend request the first time, what makes them think they're going to accept it any other time?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when fb randomly adds people to my friendslist
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    It happend to me before, I just blocked them in the end. I don't know what goes though their heads, if someone doesn't accept their friend request the first time, what makes them think they're going to accept it any other time?
    yeah i can't understand this, surely you would feel like a douche adding them twice?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.