Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guild Wars 2 Society

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    So tempted to pre purchase this..

Just seems.. too good and big. I may lose my life to it xD

And WoW & Rift at the start was ****ing crazy.
    Do it, do it, do it. I have played all the beta's so far casually mind and it's so good You could well lose your life to it But I was really surprised how easy it is to pick up and play and put back down when you need too it all works so well! Am excited for release now even though I won't have loads of time to play...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by restoration)
    Do it, do it, do it. I have played all the beta's so far casually mind and it's so good You could well lose your life to it But I was really surprised how easy it is to pick up and play and put back down when you need too it all works so well! Am excited for release now even though I won't have loads of time to play...
    Urgh.... URGH.

I been learning more about it and its making it harder.

Really surprised this isnt busier in here tbh
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stupid NCsoft. My account got hacked years ago when I wasn't playing and they're saying my NCsoft master account has been permanently blocked. When I issued a support ticket they somehow decided that it wasn't the same email that I made the master account with, so they said I needed to use that one. Lol what?

Forget it; I don't really mind that my old characters won't be in GW2. Support should do a little better weeding out the actual idiots from people who got hacked or were inactive for a long period, though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    At 19:00 (GMT)

See you guys there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Woo Guild Wars 2.

Although, isn't it 20:00 GMT?

Playing on Whiteside Ridge if anyone's there and wants to give me a shout.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just started pre-loading it
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Final betaweekend, who`s playing?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing.

I just created a Sylvari Necromancer and I am stunned at how beautiful their starting zones are. The voice acting is good and, as usual, the first "boss" you encounter is impressive. I had been in the game for barely 2 minutes before I was annihilating a giant tree-wolf with my ghostly claws. Ahh, Guild Wars 2. I can't wait to make an Asura.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what i am doing in this game.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well that was fun.

Time to sleep, the sun is up :P
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gonna play as Mesmer this time ... clikcing buttons
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I have no idea what i am doing in this game.
    I'm pretty much the same. I'm just messing about, making friends and doing PvP. I don't like the rushed feeling of betas. I would rather save the new experiences/levelling for release when I can take my time to absorb the detail put into the game.

I am worried that once I complete the heart areas on the map once, it's the same again and again if I create more characters. Hopefully there's enough spontaneous dynamic events in random areas to make up for this. I like the idea of the heart areas but right now it seems like it's not much different to other MMOs and their repetitive levelling/questing. Still, I prefer this over the grind.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    There are different starting areas so if u start a new char it would be ocmpletely different
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Feeling huuuge withdrawal symptoms today haha, only a month to go... then as someone else said, I can take all the detail in properly rather than rushing. Spent most of the beta in PvP. I want to soak up the storylines when it launches.

Sylvari look amazing and their lore is pretty good too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I miss my Elementalist already.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I miss my mesmer But mostly my Guardian that had lvl 20 on first BWE ....
    When this comes out I am gonna play PvE w Hunter, Guardian, Engineer and PvP Rouge and Mesmer and then my slots are full ;(
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pre-purchased a good while ago, loved the beta weekends (though I didn't play much, on purpose), and I can't wait until it's released. We should have a TSR "world"
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Someone should get a guild going!! <The Student Room>

wahey!

Just pre-purchased mine, CBA big time with WoW!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone link me to some good articles/videos?

Not all that excited tbh, I loved the first Guild Wars when it came out, my first MMORPG... They all look the same nowadays though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Can someone link me to some good articles/videos?

Not all that excited tbh, I loved the first Guild Wars when it came out, my first MMORPG... They all look the same nowadays though.
    Video on this page
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the-game/

Not sure if I should get the game considering I actually want to do work in uni... Even if I got the game I would be running it on my laptop, which has a nvidia 525m graphics card, could I even run it?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 15, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.