Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Summer 2012 Football Manager Network Game Official Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Which league would you like to play in the network game?
    English Premier League
    46.88%
    German Bundesliga
    15.63%
    Spanish Liga BBVA
    3.13%
    Italian Serie A
    12.50%
    Brazilian Premier League
    9.38%
    French Ligue Un
    9.38%
    Russian Premier Division (For the :lol: s)
    3.13%
    Other (Please State)
    0%

• 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    The other thing with the poll is that I would do another one to decide which league with the people who are actually going to play in it as you have so many morons popping in to the thread solely to vote for the Premier League just because of some moronic desire to have it voted top for everything :rolleyes:
    Good advice - I was just thinking that. It'll be best to sort it in an MSN conversation, I think...
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm on holiday until the 14th of June, otherwise I would :sad:

Good luck guys

Spoiler:
    Show
    You guys got lucky.... my beastly 3-5-2 would have crushed all of your dreams :mwuaha:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Good advice - I was just thinking that. It'll be best to sort it in an MSN conversation, I think...
    I've just noticed my name in the signup list. I want to play but keep me 20th in the queue as I don't want to take the place of someone who can make it every night as I absolutely cannot attend regularly.

Perhaps a timeshare agreement with Mess. could be arranged :awesome:
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Even though I'm not in... it would be worth going for a league that isn't completely dominated by one or two clubs.... like the La Liga or the Prem League.

Whoever goes as Man City for instance, will be able to absolutely trash anyone by spending monstrous money on players, building pretty much a legion of 4* players. Yes good management should mean that you can give, said massive spender a good game, but it would be pretty hard for someone as Wigan or Bolton to compete long term.

Just a thought :cool:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'll put my name down for this, I should be there for 80%+ of the nights, the first few weeks might be a bit shaky for me though.

I agree with the post above though, avoiding La Liga/Prem for something a little more open would improve things in my eyes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Count me in. Used to have buddies to do net games but not anymore

What you could do is chose a league like the prem but have the biggest teams as off limits..
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    An idea for the dominant teams could be that you limit spending money to only spending money that you make from selling players?

If it were 3 days a week, does it mean you must be online from 8-12? Because I'm going to get a laptop sometime later in the summer so I might not be allowed on the desktop computer for this amount of time
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    That OP is plagiarising me from last year :fuhrer:

Good luck, though. It's a shame a lack of evening time no longer allows me to play much FM, really will miss the fests, the moments of madness and the intense rivalries that develop. :nopity:
    :sad:

I even have good internet now since I no longer live in the outback!

I'm unsure if I'll have the time though :beard:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Haven't really played but much FM in the past couple of years. Any room for a relative newbie in the network game?
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)
    I've just noticed my name in the signup list. I want to play but keep me 20th in the queue as I don't want to take the place of someone who can make it every night as I absolutely cannot attend regularly.

Perhaps a timeshare agreement with Mess. could be arranged :awesome:
    Sure, you can be kept in the list. We'll work things out closer to the proposed start date of 1st July - and I think that it will be three nights a week.

(Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Even though I'm not in... it would be worth going for a league that isn't completely dominated by one or two clubs.... like the La Liga or the Prem League.

Whoever goes as Man City for instance, will be able to absolutely trash anyone by spending monstrous money on players, building pretty much a legion of 4* players. Yes good management should mean that you can give, said massive spender a good game, but it would be pretty hard for someone as Wigan or Bolton to compete long term.

Just a thought :cool:
    Good point. Perhaps the German again, or the French? Either way there are going to be superior teams in whichever league one chooses.

(Original post by Michaelking)
    Count me in. Used to have buddies to do net games but not anymore

What you could do is chose a league like the prem but have the biggest teams as off limits..
    Sure, you're in. We'll have a conference regarding leagues and other details closer to the time.

(Original post by R-KAM)
    :sad:

I even have good internet now since I no longer live in the outback!

I'm unsure if I'll have the time though :beard:
    Urgh, well, you could be put as a reserve?

(Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Haven't really played but much FM in the past couple of years. Any room for a relative newbie in the network game?
    Indeed there is. You've been added to the list.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    German league is the most balanced, I would say, if you want to maintain a certain level of quality. All of them have a good stadium too.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    If it influences it in any way, I can play pretty much every night
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeK)
    German league is the most balanced, I would say, if you want to maintain a certain level of quality. All of them have a good stadium too.
    I think we can agree there - but people may want a change as the German league was done last year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    I think we can agree there - but people may want a change as the German league was done last year.
    Yeah I did think that. It doesn't really matter too much really, given that rules will most likely have to be put in place whatever anyway.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'll play, just PM me cos I'm forgetful
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    /\ same for me too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just saying we could do the prem but say no going city,scum,chelski,arsenal,spurs or liverpool (as the game would be too easy with all of them)

im in

though i have the problem that i cant guarantee that the stupid halls isp will allow me to access the ports(which is illegal by the way if resnet by any chance reads this)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    just saying we could do the prem but say no going city,scum,chelski,arsenal,spurs or liverpool (as the game would be too easy with all of them)

im in

though i have the problem that i cant guarantee that the stupid halls isp will allow me to access the ports(which is illegal by the way if resnet by any chance reads this)
    why do you have to try to start an arguement Mr. Bin Dipper?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    why do you have to try to start an arguement Mr. Bin Dipper?
    what argument

and what the hell is a bin dipper :/
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopite493)
    what argument

and what the hell is a bin dipper :/
    Calling United scum

Slang for a scouser

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 28, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.