Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sudden Excessive Sleepiness?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm 17 years old and just wanted to ask if anyone new what could cause this sudden extreme tiredness I've been feeling.

I was feeling tired all this week, then on Friday evening I slept from 6.30pm-10.30pm, then from 11.30pm-4am and then again from 5am-6:45am.
    I'm someone who's always needed 8 hours sleep to function properly, but this is a huge amount of sleep!
    And to make things worse, I was still feeling tired today (Saturday) and even napped from 4.30pm-6.30pm. And it's now two hours since I woke up from this nap and I'm exhausted and feel like I could go back to sleep!

A bit of background knowledge is that I'm on 100mg Sertraline, but have been for the past month or so, and was on 50mg of it for two months prior to this. I also bruised my patella bone a week ago, so am having difficulty in walking, but I was not tired for the first few days of this injury. I am at school, but I've completed my AS-Level exams so it's not like I'm particularly stressed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pajeee)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Do you like sleeping?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    See a doc if you are worried seriously as could be a side effect of the medication. When I was 16, 17, 18 I could sleep until midday every day though, teenagers need to sleep.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 18, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.