Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Is it common for young muslims to leave Islam?

Announcements Posted on
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    You'll be laughing again in a few years - at your own naivety.
    we'll all realise who's right and who's wrong when the time comes.. ignorance get's you nowhere mate :| (n)
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    While I don't even believe in any god, it makes me laugh that you constantly say 'look at this post and then reply and then wheevern someone does do this and discredits your post entirely you completely ignore them.
    No one has yet discredited a single post to be honest.

If you count people saying "you're taking it out of context" as a discrediting of my point then your debate skills are quite questionable.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eager bug)
    Well obviously not in the same way :facepalm:
    His message was still pretty much the same.

Except obviously, Christians believe he's God.

So you can still love Jesus pbuh and not believe in him as God.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    'Practising' christians themselves are pretty flimsy in the way they go about their religion so its no wonder it's fairly common for christians or those who were brought up as christians to become irreligious (not necessarily atheist - there's a difference). However, for Muslims, and I'm sure there was a study done showing as much, have greater conviction in their religion and practice it to a far greater degree.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naarim)
    But the Qur'an came directly from Allah. Going against it surely means you're going against Allah?
    Well would Allah want you to go around killing those who have left the faith? I'm not sure what the Qur'an actually says about murder, but in the Bible 'thou shalt not kill' makes it pretty obvious murder is wrong.

Personally I think a few things that are written in the holy books are a bit irrelevant/outdated in society today, because face it, it was written a long time ago, in a completely different context.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxthepax)
    For anyone that believes that committing acts of terror on innocent people is going to get them 72 virgins in heaven... YOUR A F***ING IDIOT
    I doubt many Muslims believe this anyway lol.

But I do agree with your statement
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara.xx)
    we'll all realise who's right and who's wrong when the time comes.. ignorance get's you nowhere mate :| (n)
    true, you'll climb out of your ignorance, inshallah, I'm quite optimistic about you
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's so funny how I am considered worse than someone like hitler or another person who's killed thousands of people just because I left the faith LOL! In Islam the people who left Islam spend eternity in the worst level of hell where the fire is black even if you were a really good person. You get a punishment which someone can't even imagine just because you didn't really believe in God.... how stupid. For muslims, i'm the worst of the worst.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    No one has yet discredited a single post to be honest.

If you count people saying "you're taking it out of context" as a discrediting of my point then your debate skills are quite questionable.
    Post #40, say. Now I have no idea whether it is correct or not, and I'm not really sure why I'm on this forum but when I do stumble on here you do commonly seem to purposely target weak arguments and then ignore posts that out-argue yours.

Anyway I have very little knowledge of this argument so it's not as if I'm going to present my own points - just observing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    true, you'll climb out of your ignorance, inshallah, I'm quite optimistic about you
    It's so sad that I can't laugh at you and make fun of your beliefs when we die and you find allah isnt even there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _music<3)
    Well would Allah want you to go around killing those who have left the faith? I'm not sure what the Qur'an actually says about murder, but in the Bible 'thou shalt not kill' makes it pretty obvious murder is wrong.

Personally I think a few things that are written in the holy books are a bit irrelevant/outdated in society today, because face it, it was written a long time ago, in a completely different context.
    Your post highlights a few points of why young muslims could leave Islam for.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyBongos)
    What happens to people who leave islam (apostacy)?

Islam doesn't sound like a religion with a loving god - if you leave, you get executed! where is the free will? Its much better to be a christian

who would honestly be a muslim under those rules. sounds a little radical and nutty to me! Jesus loves you no matter if you leave or come back into the fold.
    WTF are you talking about, its similar in the bible for leaving christianity, you dont even know who your good is, and most of these quotes act as a detterent just like they say certain sharia laws are bad but most act as a detterent for it to actually go ahead is near impossible.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    Right because they are all just going to just admit that in public?:confused:

Seriously, how naive are you?
    Bit rude...but if you seriously believe every Muslim would slay someone who left the faith, I could ask the same of you...

There is such a thing as being a liberal [insert religion here], although the hardcore fundamentalists would most likely disregard them.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spaz Man)
    "Betrays" was referring to the hypcrites who helped the Quaraish tribe who persecuted the Prophet and killed his followers and exiled them from their home while appearing to be Muslim. They also did false things while calling themself Muslims to try and disgrace Islam. Quite a lot like a certain "ExMuslim" poster today...

It's easy to paint a picture of whatever you want if you take it out of context. This is a "Makkani" verse revealed in the middle of the hypocrisy, backstabbing and lying used by Quraishi tribal elites to try and force Muhammad (pbuh) to give up his religion upon pain of death.
    Do you actually understand the story of Mohammed and the Quaraish?

I often hear young muslims cite it, seemingly oblivious to many of the facts, or being willful hypocrites. One or the other.

Much like the issues with Banu Qurayza, Banu Nadir and Banu Quaynuqa.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    'Practising' christians themselves are pretty flimsy in the way they go about their religion so its no wonder it's fairly common for christians or those who were brought up as christians to become irreligious (not necessarily atheist - there's a difference). However, for Muslims, and I'm sure there was a study done showing as much, have greater conviction in their religion and practice it to a far greater degree.
    I don't think there is a difference between ireligion and atheism - they both been that there isn't a belief in a deity. They're all fairly loosely defined though and some definitions conflict with each other.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .eXe)
    I have a strong dislike for Islam...but that doesn't mean I have a strong dislike for muslims.

See, this is where you went wrong.

I can hate an ideology but that doesn't automatically mean I hate its adherents.

Put another way, I hate white supremacists like KKK. But would that affect my clinical acumen when I treat them? Hell no? Would the GMC get worried that I hate the KKK?

Nope, they probably hate them too.

Next time, try attacking my argument rather than my ability as a physician. If you have nothing else to say then keep your mouth closed. It's quite offensive when one suggests that I would be a bad doctor because medicine is something I have sacrificed a lot to pursue.
    Fair enough, you hate the idea of Islam. But don't you see this is the impression you give off - that you have no tolerance for Islam therefore no tolerance for Muslims?

I apologise if my comments offended you, my point was not to doubt your ability as a doctor but more to do with the the way in which your comments are being interpreted, and with the media launching attacks against doctors so often nowadays you have to be so careful with how you come across to patients. That would include the comments you say online. And yeah keeping yourself anonymous by using different usernames etc does help, but that's not the point

I don't want to comment on the points you raised because in my opinion all Abrahamic religions started off pretty similar, and the only reason Christianity and Judaism aren't criticized so much is because they adapted to the times. I don't consider myself as a muslim partly because of this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theoneoranro)
    It's so funny how I am considered worse than someone like hitler or another person who's killed thousands of people just because I left the faith LOL! In Islam the people who left Islam spend eternity in the worst level of hell where the fire is black even if you were a really good person. You get a punishment which someone can't even imagine just because you didn't really believe in God.... how stupid. For muslims, i'm the worst of the worst.

you wont be saying its stupid when you're there.....
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

you're a meany ( lol it was about youuu:P so yeah inshAllah ...and WOW first time ive cried over the internet cus of some thread lol.. dont get me wrong, the tears are of fear for the people who are really inslulting my religion :| im worried for you guys :/ i'll remember you in my duas so hopefully one day you're eyes would 'open' inshaAllah :'( - maybe you shoudl start researching more about Islam only saying it for your benefit, but yehhh - tc anyways, khudaAffiz x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    you wont find many people leaving islam.... but you will find a LOT more coming to islam

A former Non Muslim said it was very easy finding the right and truth path . I just looked which religion is the most hated and shown as a bad and evil religion nowadays. I found it to be Islam. Then I said ok this is it. This is the right and truth path and religion. Because Satan will deceive people from the right path as he promised to God. So I became Muslim.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _music<3)
    Bit rude...but if you seriously believe every Muslim would slay someone who left the faith, I could ask the same of you...

There is such a thing as being a liberal [insert religion here], although the hardcore fundamentalists would most likely disregard them.
    Okay, apologies. It was a bit rude.

Yes, there is such a thing as being liberal and yes the majority of muslims are liberal and I have never denied that.

What I am arguing however is the central tenets of Islam.

See here's the thing. The liberal muslims say that the extremists are wrong. The extremists say that liberal muslims are wrong.

The only way to find out is to go read the books.

Now when you go read the books, it has verses like the ones mentioned earlier. So it's hard to not come to the conclusions that we come to.

In addition, many muslims around the world also come to the exact same conclusions as we non-muslims do. So for example, if we see a verse that advocates killing apostates...well a lot of muslims in the world see the exact same interpretation! So it's pretty difficult for you to just say that my interpretation is 100% wrong, because there are millions of muslims in the world who share that exact same interpretation!
Updated: July 3, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.