Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Moon

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As a child, when I looked at the moon I always saw a face with wide open eyes and mouth. When I became a believer in Jesus Christ this made perfect sense, we should be in awe of the Son, reflecting his light to earth.

Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. (Ps. 148:3)

The moon doesn't spin around earth, it's face is always toward us.

The 28-day lunar cycle includes 3 days when the moon is invisible, obscured by the earth, before rising again on the 3rd day.

It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah. (Ps. 89:37)

To stay in orbit around earth, the moon has to travel at 2300mph relative to it.
    (The mile is based on God-given measures)
    In 1967 the old city of Jerusalem & the site of the Temple (the Sanctuary) passed out of Moslem control during the Six Day War. 2300 years before this in 334BC Alexander the Great (the He Goat in v8 ) invaded Asia, then the little horn is Mohammed / the Islamic faith, symbolised by the crescent moon, moon worship was previously common in Arabia.

he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down . . . Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. (Dan. 8v11, 14)

Also, the farthest point of the moon's orbit is 25,200 miles (2520x10, 70 bible "times") and it's diameter is 2160 miles (6x360).

The moon is the lesser light to rule the night. An inch for a mo(o)nth on the horizontal section of the Great Pyramids reveals dates in World history since the great step up (1909, the time of Azusa Street, on the 50th layer).

The Nasa website shows that there are 4 lunar eclipses in 2014-2015, these turn the moon red, nothing unusual there, except that they occur on God-given feast days:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/lunar.html
    http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Inspi..._calendar.html

Passover April 15, 2014
    Feast of Tabernacles October 8, 2014
    Passover April 4, 2015
    Feast of Tabernacles September 28, 2015

And 2 solar eclipses:
    Adar 29/Nisan 1 (new year) March 20, 2015
    Feast of Trumpets September 13, 2015

When Jesus returns he will eclipse both (Acts 22:13). Signs in the heavens were used to mark Jesus' first coming and his death (and various things in the old testament).

I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come (Acts 2:19-20).
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Trying to mix science and religion to create a sound argument for religion

Mfw:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1337225265335.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	157708

The best thing about these threads is anybody religious doesn't actually have a point, they just join up a load of points in their head, post it and hope that somehow we will all bow down in awe and agree....
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    and your point is?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are you people smoking?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benniboi1)
    and your point is?
    God uses science to communicate with mankind, to predict the future and point to his answer. The 3 wise men followed the star and found Jesus, wise people today are doing the same. The rest are missing the point, as always.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    God uses science to communicate with mankind, to predict the future and point to his answer. The 3 wise men followed the star and found Jesus, wise people today are doing the same. The rest are missing the point, as always.
    U iz stoopid.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay! An anthropomorphic mythological entity is returning for the past 2000 years, yet each predicate has been a fallacy of thought.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So what if the moon happens to fit some biblical measurements? If you look in the bible, it's full of such things, some of them are bound to match something.

And if God is using it as a message, what is the message? Why are you receiving it, rather than people more qualified than you?

But more importantly, besides us people who like to argue with guys like you, who cares?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
    Winston Churchill
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
    Winston Churchill
    Compelling argument, NOT! So what are you smoking?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Some random guy)
    What are you people smoking?
    My thoughts exactly. :confused:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    The 'Moon'? Do you mean Earth's moon? You mean the one that the people back then clearly saw?

What of Saturn's moons? What of that moon some 40 light years away?

You do realise our 'Moon' isn't the only moon right?

I suppose the structure of distant star systems seen from our viewpoint is significant too? But what about it seen from another viewpoint, like from the Gliese star sytem? Or from the Andromedan galaxy?

What you talk of seems like Astrology. Modern Man is better now - he is now educated in Astronomy and Cosmology and whatnot. He knows better than to look to the 'stars' for mystical messages - he looks to the stars for empiricism, truth and exploration and discovery.

Maybe you should put down the 'Good book' and pick up an introduction to basic cosmology and astronomy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Winston Churchill
    I'm sure Churchill was alluding to biblical truths lol.

The Bible isn't true. Some years ago, I would have never dared to have made such a strong and bold statement, but I do now. Follow the 'good book' - you may die with it in your hand. but it'll never be true.

Those who believe in the book still behave like Mayans looking at the large Spanish ships on the shore.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Those wonders? We see that everyday. Comets, asteroids, distant supernovae, perennial glinting stars etc etc. Basic astronomy and cosmology would explain to you what you are seeing and why you are seeing them. I'm afraid it's just that the Bible is full of brief accounts that have a tad bit of imagination added to them in order to 'explain' things and create beliefs from them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    As a child, when I looked at the moon I always saw a face with wide open eyes and mouth. When I became a believer in Jesus Christ this made perfect sense, we should be in awe of the Son, reflecting his light to earth.

Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. (Ps. 148:3)

The moon doesn't spin around earth, it's face is always toward us.

The 28-day lunar cycle includes 3 days when the moon is invisible, obscured by the earth, before rising again on the 3rd day.

It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah. (Ps. 89:37)

To stay in orbit around earth, the moon has to travel at 2300mph relative to it.
    (The mile is based on God-given measures)
    In 1967 the old city of Jerusalem & the site of the Temple (the Sanctuary) passed out of Moslem control during the Six Day War. 2300 years before this in 334BC Alexander the Great (the He Goat in v8 ) invaded Asia, then the little horn is Mohammed / the Islamic faith, symbolised by the crescent moon, moon worship was previously common in Arabia.

he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down . . . Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed. (Dan. 8v11, 14)

Also, the farthest point of the moon's orbit is 25,200 miles (2520x10, 70 bible "times") and it's diameter is 2160 miles (6x360).

The moon is the lesser light to rule the night. An inch for a mo(o)nth on the horizontal section of the Great Pyramids reveals dates in World history since the great step up (1909, the time of Azusa Street, on the 50th layer).

The Nasa website shows that there are 4 lunar eclipses in 2014-2015, these turn the moon red, nothing unusual there, except that they occur on God-given feast days:

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/lunar.html
    http://standeyo.com/News_Files/Inspi..._calendar.html

Passover April 15, 2014
    Feast of Tabernacles October 8, 2014
    Passover April 4, 2015
    Feast of Tabernacles September 28, 2015

And 2 solar eclipses:
    Adar 29/Nisan 1 (new year) March 20, 2015
    Feast of Trumpets September 13, 2015

When Jesus returns he will eclipse both (Acts 22:13). Signs in the heavens were used to mark Jesus' first coming and his death (and various things in the old testament).

I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come (Acts 2:19-20).
    Just to show how idiotic this thread is, I will pick up on one point of it, and the same argument could be made against any of it. The Moon has a diameter of 2160 miles, is this an exact figure or an approximation?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.