The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
WorkHouse
You think OCR are bad? Try WJEC, the most random things are on the chemistry syllabus... one memorable exam question starts "When sea slugs are alarmed..." lol.. and I mean lol. few more juvenile members of the class were nearly thrown out of the Mock - exam it came up in.

One of the OCR organic chemistry exam questions was about chemicals that cause B.O :hmmmm:
Reply 21
OCR for Alevel physics is really bad, the books they endorse that we are supposed to learn of are a joke. Its just full of random crap that isn't necessary to the course and barely touches any detail. Although I admit I cant really blame them for book publishers faults.
Reply 22
OCR for Alevel physics is really bad, the books they endorse that we are supposed to learn of are a joke. Its just full of random crap that isn't necessary to the course and barely touches any detail. Although I admit I cant really blame them for book publishers faults.

:ditto:

They also add in evil questions that aren't in the sylabus (supposition of waves in 1st module :mad: )
Reply 23
Malik

LOL you should try Salters Horners Physics textbook (the AS one is thicker than my OCR Chemistry AS and A2 ones combined!)

WorkHouse
You think OCR are bad? Try WJEC, the most random things are on the chemistry syllabus... one memorable exam question starts "When sea slugs are alarmed..." lol.. and I mean lol. few more juvenile members of the class were nearly thrown out of the Mock - exam it came up in.

LOL you should try Salters Horners Physics exams (if questions about sausages and magic wallpaper are your thing then give it a go - sea slugs are veering dangeroulsy close to normal in Salter Horners Land)
Reply 24
shyopstv
LOL you should try Salters Horners Physics textbook (the AS one is thicker than my OCR Chemistry AS and A2 ones combined!)

LOL you should try Salters Horners Physics exams (if questions about sausages and magic wallpaper are your thing then give it a go - sea slugs are veering dangeroulsy close to normal in Salter Horners Land)

Haha yes, Salters Horners, luckily my Physics teacher is smart enough to just focus in on the actual physics and ignore all the random bogus stuff that seems to be in the textbook...in fact we hardly use them. And yes, they choose the most rediculous applications for exams, like for electricity they use electric eels as an example. I do Salters chemistry and Salters Horners physics, and both are utterly awful syllabuses, and I've been told SNAB is pretty crap too. What is the point of salters, they just write crap, why can't the exam boards just do away with them.
Reply 25
OCR ish text books are awful for all subjects. I've been using all the textbooks I can to revise for my subjects, but text books for OCR just waffle. If anyone were to use just the information from the textbooks in an exam they'd probably fail.
Reply 26
I hate hate hate OCR A2 Media Studies!!!

Latest