Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In love with my best friend...

Announcements Posted on

Never used to have feelings like this for them, but I had a dream about being with them a couple of months ago and haven't felt the same way since. We're such close friends and we do everything together, but I feel like I'm falling in love with her.

We spend so much time together, trust each other with everything; a lot of people think that we're seeing each other (I wish).

I'm just worried that if I tell her how I feel, or try to take things further; that it would ruin our friendship. Has anybody else ever been in this situation?

P.S. I'm a guy, she's a girl.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i cant say i have but just let her know how you feel talk it all out
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    have you ever flirted with her before? how did she react?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoombini)
    have you ever flirted with her before? how did she react?
    I agree, do you like her because of her, or because how awesome your time together is?

If you're truly interested in her then try it and see what happens; you will regret it less than never mustering the courage and always wondering what could have been.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If you're truly interested in her then try it and see what happens; you will regret it less than never mustering the courage and always wondering what could have been.

This.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh man the number of times i have been in this situation.

All i can say is OP just tell them how you feel, you WILL regret it knowing that you never got an answer. Who knows she could also be waiting for you to ask her/bring up the topic. Play it cool and just randomly ask her "How would you feel if we were together, would you be weirded out by it?" if she replies with "Yes, i wouldnt really mind us being together" then you could just tell her. If she says otherwise then just leave it, i have told all my best friends which i liked...that i had feelings for them, unfortunately none had them back lolol XD. However at least i know what the answer was, ALSO my friendships with them have NOT been ruined.

Give it a go buddy you wont regret it.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    How does she react to you, do you think that she likes you more than a best friend too?

I know from personal experience, that sometimes when two best friends get serious, it ruins the relationship as a opposed to making it better.

But if she likes you more than a friend, and so do you, I reaaaally think you should give it a shot
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to slightly deviate (though it may help you) but how would you define the difference between being best friends and being in a very close (non sexual dating) relationship?

Perhaps you are confusing the boundary between the two ?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well if/when you break up, your relationship with her will be awkward with her and you two may not go back to how you were. I have experience, I went out with one of my good girl mates, it was all rosy at the start then when we broke up it was soo awkward we didn't talk as often, even when we did it'd be small talk. But now things are getting better with her.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do you have other friends?

If yes, make a move.

If not, consider it more carefully.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    hmmm well this is a tough one because the wrong move might seriouly affect your friendship, do you think she'll like you the same way? you only live once remember
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say go for it, but be cautious about it.

I'm in the same position with a guy who is also my best friend. I have had dreams too (how weird) and have thought differently since.
    (How I wish you were him LOL) But yeh, I'm not too sure what to do.
    I don't really think he feels anything towards me to be honest...

But if you want to, just be honest with them. If she feels the same, go for it :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^

If you're female and he's straight, go for it. He'd probably be quite chuffed. It's probably one of the situations where it's better for the girl to make the first move.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just try it, if you don't you'll only regret it

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.