Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Macbook Pro Student Discount

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm interested in purchasing a new Macbook Pro (the 13" model, specifically).

I have an NUS Extra card so am entitled to 15% discount. When going through the NUS website, the price of the 13" Macbook Pro is reduced to £859.20.

When looking at Apple's education section, it says "And if you choose a Mac, save even more with Apple Education Pricing".

I have attached an image from further down the page where it shows the Macbook Pro priced at £859.20 (it was already reduced as I was messing around with the option of purchasing through a university), with the option to save up to £184 with Apple Education Pricing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blah.png 
Views:	341 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	157722

What I am trying to convey, is that is it possible to have both discounts (NUS 15% and Apple Education Pricing)?

If so, how do I go about acquiring them.

Thanks for your time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bump
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, NUS discount is already student discount. They'd have coding in place to ensure you don't get both.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ash1011)
    No, NUS discount is already student discount. They'd have coding in place to ensure you don't get both.
    such a computer scientist answer haha
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    In short, no you can't get both at once. You can use Quidco to get a further 3% back though, making it roughly 18% discount instead of 15%.

You also get a £70 app store gift card if you buy before September so that's a further saving.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouboutinLove)
    In short, no you can't get both at once. You can use Quidco to get a further 3% back though, making it roughly 18% discount instead of 15%.

You also get a £70 app store gift card if you buy before September so that's a further saving.
    Quidco actually gets you 3% knocked off the discounted price since Apple's edu store applies that pre-checkout, so it's more like 17.4% if I remember correctly :ahee:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^ Well you know what I meant, what I was saying is it's still a further discount you can get on top of the HE edu price, hence the word roughly.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How would i go about getting quidco along with NUS discounts? Do i simply click the quidco link then, go to the address which gives me NUS discount?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 23, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.