Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tips on focusing self?

Announcements Posted on
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you focus yourselves to get down to a good revision sessions, apart for the usual 'take breaks often' etc.

Do you find a certain room in the house to be best?
    Revising to certain music?

Tips please! I need them
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The minecraft sound track is pretty relaxing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    How do you focus yourselves to get down to a good revision sessions, apart for the usual 'take breaks often' etc.

Do you find a certain room in the house to be best?
    Revising to certain music?

Tips please! I need them
    I went into school every day and revised in the library.

It's incredible, there's actually no distractions, tons of table space and you can have breaks when people pop in for their various exams.

I revised 7 hours every day throughout the revision period without a struggle, and I could afford to have all my evenings free! You work better during the day, not the evening anyway, so having a focused grind during school hours is absolutely amazing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi moontoon what i do is study in my bedroom. no tv and the computer is put away. Then i plan my day. i go to the gymn three times a week and take walks up to half an hour to keep my mind active. I then study up to three hours straight then take a break by going for a walk then work straight away again. If any problems where to occur when studying i would address those problems but understanding in detail. Prioritising studying first is important to reduce the number of excuses for not doing well. Try fit other activities around studing. although it can be hard it will help you to acheive your goal in education.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My old lecturers told me to make a study time table. Frankly I never found those things useful. The only thing I found that helped was to set myself goals. Also being a visual person myself my art tutor encouraged me to make comics about the things I had to learn. None of them were any good but that helped me pass my GCSE Biology.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 17, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.