Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to apply?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to pick the University of Hull or University of Lincoln as an insurance. I want to do a History degree and I am predicted AAA or maybe AAB. Hull is BBB TO AAB and Lincoln is BBC. I worry that Lincoln may be too low an insurance choice even though it is a nice university.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historygirl)
    I don't know whether to pick the University of Hull or University of Lincoln as an insurance. I want to do a History degree and I am predicted AAA or maybe AAB. Hull is BBB TO AAB and Lincoln is BBC. I worry that Lincoln may be too low an insurance choice even though it is a nice university.
    Lincoln is a muchhh nicer city ! I'd go there what's your firm choice ?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackkkkk)
    Lincoln is a muchhh nicer city ! I'd go there what's your firm choice ?
    Yeah, I know Hull isn't the most attractive place which is why I kind of wish that there was a similar offer somewhere else... But the course is better there IMO. Though Lincoln is a very nice place - my mum's friends daughters go there actually but then again, my friend's sister goes to Hull and she says that it's not bad actually.

I haven't picked a firm yet as I am currently only at the end of AS so I can't say for sure what my grades are or what my firm will ultimately be until I visit my shortlisted unis. These are: Sheffield, Leeds, Liverpool, York - all want AAA. Manchester wants AAB-AAA. Hull wants BBB-AAB and Lincoln wants 280 UCAS points which is about BBC. The last three will be possible insurance choices and the first four may be firms unless I like one of the others better.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by historygirl)
    Yeah, I know Hull isn't the most attractive place which is why I kind of wish that there was a similar offer somewhere else... But the course is better there IMO. Though Lincoln is a very nice place - my mum's friends daughters go there actually but then again, my friend's sister goes to Hull and she says that it's not bad actually.

I haven't picked a firm yet as I am currently only at the end of AS so I can't say for sure what my grades are or what my firm will ultimately be until I visit my shortlisted unis. These are: Sheffield, Leeds, Liverpool, York - all want AAA. Manchester wants AAB-AAA. Hull wants BBB-AAB and Lincoln wants 280 UCAS points which is about BBC. The last three will be possible insurance choices and the first four may be firms unless I like one of the others better.
    I see well think of like this, it's an insurance place the difference between hull and Lincoln is minimal. But the difference between Leeds/York etc and hull/Lincoln is bigger ! You should pick an insurance on where you'll be happiest an the course obviously a friend o mine has a place at Leeds to do history and she says it's amazing ! Her insurance is actually history and sociology at Leeds (ABB) so you meant to consider applying for a joint honours course at a more prestigious uni as your insurance. Because in my mind history and sociology or philosophy or something from Leeds/Manchester etc sounds better than history from Hull or Lincoln you might wanna look into that

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2012
New on TSR

THE world university rankings 2014-2015 revealed

Will they affect your uni choices?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.