Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Just joined Forever Living - exciting stuff!

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

I've recently joined Forever Living Products and am enjoying it! The products are absolutely ace, and have so many health benefits...they make you look and feel more active and healthy!

Are there any other Forever members on this forum? If so, what are your experiences?

Look forward to chatting to you all more. If anyone doesn't know what Forever Living is - get in contact, it's ace!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I guess not then! Haha
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 007dunlop)
    Hey everyone.

I've recently joined Forever Living Products and am enjoying it! The products are absolutely ace, and have so many health benefits...they make you look and feel more active and healthy!

Are there any other Forever members on this forum? If so, what are your experiences?

Look forward to chatting to you all more. If anyone doesn't know what Forever Living is - get in contact, it's ace!

The products are ok. I buy the drinks and the aloe gelly stuff, but don't pin your hopes on making a living out of it.

The 'business' model is a con.

Speaking from experience...various members of my family have been duped in to signing up to FLP and Amway and other various "our products are amazing and you will get rich!" concepts. They don't work. And will cost you a fortune.

Bits n peaches is nice though :yep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    The products are ok. I buy the drinks and the aloe gelly stuff, but don't pin your hopes on making a living out of it.

The 'business' model is a con.

Speaking from experience...various members of my family have been duped in to signing up to FLP and Amway and other various "our products are amazing and you will get rich!" concepts. They don't work. And will cost you a fortune.

Bits n peaches is nice though :yep:
    Oh dear that doesn't sound good....at least you're enjoying some of the products though.

Is there anyone you know that has found Forever to be particularly tough/problematic?

Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 007dunlop)
    Oh dear that doesn't sound good....at least you're enjoying some of the products though.

Is there anyone you know that has found Forever to be particularly tough/problematic?

Thanks
    Well this is what my impression of it was and what I heard from others. It is generally expensive. It might have changed now but from what I remember the idea is, you sign up to someone and then your role is to sign up as many others and sell as much products as you can and you get a percentage return on what is sold by people you signed up (distributors).
    The problem is not many people will actually make that many repeat orders, or be that bothered about signing others up. So you end up making the majority of your money from selling and in most cases you end up driving around delivering bottles of aloe whatever to people and getting to keep the profit margin on the products. The return basically isn't worth the effort you put in.
    The starter packs are usually very expensive, as are the seminars and meetings or 'Jonathon training days' if I remember rightly. All of this ends up eating in to any money you do make.
    I also find that british people are a bad market for these sort of american business ideas. FLP is very hard sell and encourages you to approach everyone you know to tell them about the business... and generally people don't respond very well to this. This is a really big point- especially as the key to making big cash in FLP is creating a big network, which is excruciatingly difficult. This can also be very frustrating as these training days tell you to keep pushing and selling... but you can tell people are put off by this.

Generally the best selling products we had was the forever aloe (? - not sure if remembering the name right. Its the blue capped bottle with fish oils). This stuff really is amazing for joints/arthritis. And the great thing is it is ok for pets too... so a lot of dog owns put a teaspoon or two on their dogs food if their hips start playing up. Also the propolis cream works wonders for eczema. If you can find people who are getting a real medicinal benefit from the product then you will guarantee some repeat sales. But generally people don't start making repeat orders for aloe soaps or things they can pick up in stores.

That's just what I remember about it.

Good luck with it all
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    Well this is what my impression of it was and what I heard from others. It is generally expensive. It might have changed now but from what I remember the idea is, you sign up to someone and then your role is to sign up as many others and sell as much products as you can and you get a percentage return on what is sold by people you signed up (distributors).
    The problem is not many people will actually make that many repeat orders, or be that bothered about signing others up. So you end up making the majority of your money from selling and in most cases you end up driving around delivering bottles of aloe whatever to people and getting to keep the profit margin on the products. The return basically isn't worth the effort you put in.
    The starter packs are usually very expensive, as are the seminars and meetings or 'Jonathon training days' if I remember rightly. All of this ends up eating in to any money you do make.
    I also find that british people are a bad market for these sort of american business ideas. FLP is very hard sell and encourages you to approach everyone you know to tell them about the business... and generally people don't respond very well to this. This is a really big point- especially as the key to making big cash in FLP is creating a big network, which is excruciatingly difficult. This can also be very frustrating as these training days tell you to keep pushing and selling... but you can tell people are put off by this.

Generally the best selling products we had was the forever aloe (? - not sure if remembering the name right. Its the blue capped bottle with fish oils). This stuff really is amazing for joints/arthritis. And the great thing is it is ok for pets too... so a lot of dog owns put a teaspoon or two on their dogs food if their hips start playing up. Also the propolis cream works wonders for eczema. If you can find people who are getting a real medicinal benefit from the product then you will guarantee some repeat sales. But generally people don't start making repeat orders for aloe soaps or things they can pick up in stores.

That's just what I remember about it.

Good luck with it all
    Thank you for your input I (personally) have been told NEVER to make a hard sell as it puts people off....my role should be to use the products, share the benefits with others, then let the products sell themselves. I'm also told never to employ anyone into the business that doesn't feel like it will work for them/isn't motivated enough etc...

The good thing is, is that there are absolutely no targets to hit at all. For example, I do not have to sell x amount of product each month, or sign up x amount of people. I take it at my own pace. I'm told that I can get into trouble with head office if I try to push too hard for sales/sign ups, as it makes people more resistant to the business.

So my initial impression is quite good to be honest...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.