Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are your hobbies and interests?

Announcements Posted on
Need last minute Christmas gift ideas? Come and visit Santa's grotto! 17-12-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no hobbies or interests (result of suffering from depression for many, many years...) and I really want to know what kinds of things people enjoy doing with their free time, to help inspire me to try something new!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sign language
    Piano
    Charity work
    Try one. Heck, try em' all!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like knives.

For example, as of now there's an Enlan EL-01, Kershaw One Ton, and Rough Rider Medium Stockman being delivered to me. In the last couple weeks I took hold of a Kershaw Tremor, and three Sanrenmu 710s. I also bought a Cold Steel Leatherneck SK-5 and GI Tanto, as well as a Cold Steel Large Vaquero and Medium Tanto.

Now I'm looking at a Spyderco Police 3 or Zero Tolerance 0200.

Here's a nice pic I took of my newest knife, I take this thing EVERYWHERE with me.

Collecting and carrying knives sounds weird to NKPs (non-knife people) but I'm not a serial killer. I like kittens, warm showers and Lady Gaga.

Recently I met two people online who also like Lady Gaga and collect knives, what would ya know! One of them got charged because she was carrying an ILLEGAL knife (never a good idea!) and was in a coffee shop when it fell out of her pocket in front of a bunch of cops. Oops.

The other collects expensive folding knives, we're talking 250-300 dollars and up here.

In the UK you have restrictive knife laws, so you can't carry a couple 4-inch spring knives everywhere.

However there are many, many knives that are legal to carry almost anywhere in the UK (perhaps not to schools, not sure... I think there is an exception though), such as this knife from Boker:

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoisinBlah)
    I have no hobbies or interests (result of suffering from depression for many, many years...) and I really want to know what kinds of things people enjoy doing with their free time, to help inspire me to try something new!
    Video games

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gews)
    I like knives.

For example, as of now there's an Enlan EL-01, Kershaw One Ton, and Rough Rider Medium Stockman being delivered to me. In the last couple weeks I took hold of a Kershaw Tremor, and three Sanrenmu 710s. I also bought a Cold Steel Leatherneck SK-5 and GI Tanto, as well as a Cold Steel Large Vaquero and Medium Tanto.

Now I'm looking at a Spyderco Police 3 or Zero Tolerance 0200.

Here's a nice pic I took of my newest knife, I take this thing EVERYWHERE with me.

Collecting and carrying knives sounds weird to NKPs (non-knife people) but I'm not a serial killer. I like kittens, warm showers and Lady Gaga.

Recently I met two people online who also like Lady Gaga and collect knives, what would ya know! One of them got charged because she was carrying an ILLEGAL knife (never a good idea!) and was in a coffee shop when it fell out of her pocket in front of a bunch of cops. Oops.

The other collects expensive folding knives, we're talking 250-300 dollars and up here.

In the UK you have restrictive knife laws, so you can't carry a couple 4-inch spring knives everywhere.

However there are many, many knives that are legal to carry almost anywhere in the UK (perhaps not to schools, not sure... I think there is an exception though), such as this knife from Boker:

Dude, you scare me. A lot.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Astronomy- super nova, black holes, neutron stars, love it all.
    Like learning about different languages and cultures ( Japanese one being my favourite also Italy and USA).
    All the sciences in order physics,biology and chemistry the world is a fascinating place.
    History- this is a new interest.
    I like doing little projects such as electronic projects.
    Love playing basketball as a hobby.
    Cycling- love cycling, just feels relaxing.
    Yeah thats it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gews)
    I like knives.
    Do you actually do anything with your knives, or just collect them for show though?

I have a lot of knives too, but they are for different purposes like wood carving, spoon carving, bushcraft etc.

OP - my hobbies include rock climbing, snowboarding, hiking, scrambling, camping, mountain biking, kayaking, bushcraft, playing guitar, PC gaming and anything else I fancy trying . I'd have a whole load of other hobbies if I could afford all the gear for it too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    Do you actually do anything with your knives, or just collect them for show though?

I have a lot of knives too, but they are for different purposes like wood carving, spoon carving, bushcraft etc.

OP - my hobbies include rock climbing, snowboarding, hiking, scrambling, camping, mountain biking, kayaking, bushcraft, playing guitar, PC gaming and anything else I fancy trying . I'd have a whole load of other hobbies if I could afford all the gear for it too.
    I use them for random tasks, two of the most common are opening packages or cutting down spiky vines in the forest. I don't carve spoons though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I love climbing, walking, running, flying, (with the air cadets) sailing, swimming, fishing, mountain biking, cooking/baking, space (researching it and that)... Not sure what else :L... I love my pipes.. I love them sooo much! Musics is a big part of my life. Xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gews)
    I use them for random tasks, two of the most common are opening packages or cutting down spiky vines in the forest. I don't carve spoons though.
    fair enough, seems rather pointless to me. But I guess if that's what you enjoy spending your money on...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biffyclyro27)
    fair enough, seems rather pointless to me. But I guess if that's what you enjoy spending your money on...
    Heh, well almost all of my knives are covered in dings and scrapes and have been resharpened many times, so I must be using them for something.

At any rate it's better than collecting stamps or something.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm I volunteer for Alzheimers society, got an interview to volunteer as a befriender for elderly people in a care home, volunteer for a helpline, do pole fitness (different to pole danincing just in case theres narrow minded people as below), go to the gym, play Diablo 3 and have a job. Dont know if theyre hobbies/interests but its all i do regularly.

I 'like' a lot of things but i wouldnt really class any of them as hobbies/interests as the above are the only things i do regularly.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    do pole fitness
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm I volunteer for Alzheimers society, got an interview to volunteer as a befriender for elderly people in a care home, volunteer for a helpline, do pole fitness (different to pole danincing just in case theres narrow minded people as below), go to the gym, play Diablo 3 and have a job. Dont know if theyre hobbies/interests but its all i do regularly.

I 'like' a lot of things but i wouldnt really class any of them as hobbies/interests as the above are the only things i do regularly.
    Hahaha yes that person is quite narrow minded... Thanks for the tips though
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yes that person is quite narrow minded... Thanks for the tips though
    It's easy for a male to get confused

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:

This is really sweet I would love to be a befriender but my social skills are a little lacking...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is really sweet I would love to be a befriender but my social skills are a little lacking...
    i used to be reallllly shy, i still am to an extent. But doing these sorts of things forces you to be confident. Just go for it, you dont want to look back with regret
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing, drinking, meeting women and sports.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Physics, mainly just astronomy

Gaming, pretty much all I do all day
    - RTS mostly

Table Tennis, would play more but not many people share this interest

Music, like most people I love to listen to and collect new music

Religion, it's a weird one but I love to debate religion and ridicule it

Digital/photoshop art

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.