The Student Room Group

would you like to see a flat tax system?

Scroll to see replies

President_Ben
That isn't the assumption :rolleyes:

Utility maximisation is the assumption. :p:

What kind of sub-AS level economist are you? :confused: Seriously, wage maximisation is not the objective of consumers in any model I've ever seen no matter how basic the book.

No I am suggesting that is an assumption you made as a person not as a economist.:p: Tho I sometimes wonder where the economist in you ends and the person starts when I read you posts. :p:
President_Ben

Now, these three statements...

1. Yes.
2. What does 'best' mean? :confused: There are ethical, economic (utilty maximising) and efficient (relative to input and relative to output) considerations here.
3. Yes.
Which ever makes you happy....
technik
20% on 10K is not equal to 20% on 100K. therefore it is not "the same amount".
sorry i left off... "as a percentage". Thought you would realise given what I had said in the sentence before.
material breach
Tho I sometimes wonder where the economist in you ends and the person starts when I read you posts. :p:

When I start posting about F1, football, London, eating, drinking, sex, ethics, chess, drinking, music, film, tv, drinking and drinking. And sex.

Though there is apparently someone on my course who can't keep the economics out of the bedroom which amuses the **** out of me :biggrin: :toofunny:
Reply 63
Do they start off their moaning with a simple phillips curve and as the passion increases so does the complexity of the moans, eventually coming to a climax with a brief with in-depth discussion about the liquidity preference theory
Allegedly, it's all about utillity maximising. All in all, I find the entire concept really disturbing.
Original post by objectivism
Its a good idea but it must be very low i.e 10%

Then it wouldn't earn any money

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending