Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

C3 ocr mei june 21st 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hprmc)
    hhaha... how did you get your 1.5 ? cos i actually got -1.5 haha. im scared ive lost all the marks for the question
    I got -1.5 by integrating tangent, then integrating the original graph, then taking the area of the graph away from the tangent.
    How can you have negative area?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verello12)
    How can you have negative area?
    It is acceptable to have a negative value for the area, it just represents area in the negative axi but as area can only be positive you just ignore the negative sign.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ray_charlene)
    BTW, what did you guys get for the coursework?
    I got 16/18, made me feel a bit relieved after C4 exam because I left a few answers in section B blank, the coursework might not be helping too much but better than nothing.
    Haha snap I also got 16/18

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling that an A-60/72 LOL I still made a few silly mistakes does anyone have the paper please I'm sure everyone would like it just to count up their marks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Funkyhouse)
    Have a feeling that an A-60/72 LOL I still made a few silly mistakes does anyone have the paper please I'm sure everyone would like it just to count up their marks
    There's a full markscheme around page 7

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themath)
    There's a full markscheme around page 7

Oh yh thank yo u i've seen it i just wanted to see the marks per question
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I reckon I perhaps got about 60/72 in this core 3 paper and approximately 73/90 in core 4. What UMS and grades will those marks give me do you think? Grade boundaries are quite unpredictable from year on year. I reallllllllllyyyyyyy need an A in A2.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam')
    By proof they were looking for a general case. If f(x)=g(x) then f(x)g(x) = f2(x) so you haven't proven much tbh and your conclusions cannot be extended to a general case; what if f(x) =/= g(x); does it still work?
    yours still isnt right its because both f(x) and g(x) are odd so f(-x)=-f(x) and g(-x)=-g(x)
    and so p(-x)= -f(x) * -g(x)= f(x)g(x)=p(x)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I am also doing c3, if u need any help just send a post, I would love to help u, If I could not help then the other students on this forum might help. I know this is quite late now, but I am going to attach a file that u might find very useful.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeahmon123)
    Hey guys, I reckon I perhaps got about 60/72 in this core 3 paper and approximately 73/90 in core 4. What UMS and grades will those marks give me do you think? Grade boundaries are quite unpredictable from year on year. I reallllllllllyyyyyyy need an A in A2.
    What did you get in the coursework? if you got 15 considering that many people found it ok/easy then prob an A-80ums. C4 I think you are probably looking at definitely an A but somewhere between maybe 82-86 ums (or possibly more i;m using that an a-70/90) But I', 80% sure you got an A for both these exams. Same i predicted i got like 60/72 (silly mistakes cost me LOL)
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaqil)
    Hey guys, I am also doing c3, if u need any help just send a post, I would love to help u, If I could not help then the other students on this forum might help. I know this is quite late now, but I am going to attach a file that u might find very useful.
    Aw thanks do you have the paper by any chance?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    is there ANY chance that the grade boundaries will be 54 for an A? :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polioz)
    if the thread has 23487923 replies , it was a hard paper and everyone rushes to tsr to hope everyone else found it hard for reasurance. If its easy, ppl just go meh and go off and carry on living .
    Haha true I have a feeling the exam will bite us later though, with painfully high grade boundaries
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    What did you get in the coursework? if you got 15 considering that many people found it ok/easy then prob an A-80ums. C4 I think you are probably looking at definitely an A but somewhere between maybe 82-86 ums (or possibly more i;m using that an a-70/90) But I', 80% sure you got an A for both these exams. Same i predicted i got like 60/72 (silly mistakes cost me LOL)
    OMG Thanks you've made my day lol, yeah I got 15 on the coursework. Haha same I hate it when that happens, when the daft mistakes cost you crucial marks, you go in all prepared and then come out feeling like an idiot.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yeahmon123)
    OMG Thanks you've made my day lol, yeah I got 15 on the coursework. Haha same I hate it when that happens, when the daft mistakes cost you crucial marks, you go in all prepared and then come out feeling like an idiot.
    Exactly but even if i scrape an A I will still be very happy Have a happy summer :party2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Exactly but even if i scrape an A I will still be very happy Have a happy summer :party2:
    SAME!!! And you too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    This was a much easier paper than Jan, the only question I couldn't do was the proof ones so I left them out. Lost easy marks on the two 7 markers though, hopefully scrape 3 or 4 out of 7 on each and that'll be a solid ~60/72 paper.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the paper?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I know it sounds stupid now but for 9i) what are the co ordinates for P after the transformation y = 2f(x)?

I left them as they were as i thought they wouldn't change but a few people have said they just multiplied the y coordinate by 2 but surely that would be y = f(x) + 2.

Any help?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James4821)
    Hi guys,

I know it sounds stupid now but for 9i) what are the co ordinates for P after the transformation y = 2f(x)?

I left them as they were as i thought they wouldn't change but a few people have said they just multiplied the y coordinate by 2 but surely that would be y = f(x) + 2.

Any help?
    y=2f(x) -> stretch in the y-axis, scale factor 2, so yes, you multiply by 2.

y=f(x)+2 -> translation by 2 units in the positive y-direction.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 6, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.