Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

As to A2 (drop or not) heelllppp

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys my teacher told me that if i had to drop a subject, what it will be?
    i was thinking that if i HAD to (hopefully not) then it would be maths.. but when i saw maths (not mafs) has single maths and further maths, could you guys tell me please what modules are included in...
    1. single maths
    2. further maths
    since A-level maths is 2 A levels.:eek:
    so before i drop any i need help what is what.
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    and the reason why i want to drop maths (if i have to) is because i want to keep all the other subjects (accounting and physics)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubAtomic)
    What board you on?

Edexcel, AQA, etc etc.

Anyway, AS you do C1, C2, and one of M1, S1 or D1. If you are doing further then you do FP1.

A2 you do C3, C4, and one of M2, S2 or D2. If you are doing further you do FP2 and FP3.

But to do M2 for instance you need to have done M1.

Look on your boards website and it will show you. Or ask your school.
    Actually your third module in A2 does not need to be M2, S2 or D2. It could actually be an AS subject. In Lower sixth we did C1, C2 and M1. In upper sixth, our college did C3, C4 and D1.

Sorry for my complete ignorance here, but I would arguably keep Maths instead of accounting. ;') Maths and Physics go hand in hand, Maths and Accounting go hand in hand (I think), but maths is probably more versatile.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    even so i need accounting as a backup if i fail my physics exams, then i can do accounting in university
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maphs)
    Hey guys my teacher told me that if i had to drop a subject, what it will be?
    i was thinking that if i HAD to (hopefully not) then it would be maths.. but when i saw maths (not mafs) has single maths and further maths, could you guys tell me please what modules are included in...
    1. single maths
    2. further maths
    since A-level maths is 2 A levels.:eek:
    so before i drop any i need help what is what.
    thanks
    If you are remotely interested in maths/physics, do further maths.

Single maths is 4 core modules and 2 applied. Further maths is 2 core modules and 4 applied.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maphs)
    even so i need accounting as a backup if i fail my physics exams, then i can do accounting in university
    You don't need accounts at A-Level to do accounts at university. You don't even need Accounts at either to do accounting as a job.
    You need 3 A-Levels and currently you're only taking 3 AS Levels, you don't have the option to drop it. Maths and Further Maths are two VERY separate A-Levels. The only thing that keeps them together is the interchangeability of applied modules. Had you done Further Maths it would have been blatantly obvious as you would have sat at least one module that had "FP" as it's starting code rather than "MPC".
    Had you done both i still would have advised you to drop accounts as it is an "inferior" A-Level to maths and FM. Add onto that Maths, Physics and Further Maths are linked far more than Accounting to any of the three. Also if you choose to (and you should already sort of know if you do or not) maths/physics/ engineering at university Maths/Further Maths/Physics is far more of a punch than accounting in place of either one of those. Even for accounting i'd still do that combination in place of accounts.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.