The Student Room Group

how much revision did you do ?

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Procrastination;38330972"]You tell me. I didn't choose to do this many, it's my school.[/QUOTE

What sort of school do go? (state, private etc.) Can you drop some subjects?

I would say that 9 is minimum and 12 is maximum. I'm doing 11 btw.
[QUOTE="JamalAhmed;38331089"]
Original post by Procrastination
You tell me. I didn't choose to do this many, it's my school.[/QUOTE

It's a state school. If they think you are capable of 14-16 they will not let you do any less. I managed to cope, because I finished some early, but I know Icould have done better on some.:angry:
Reply 42
Varying between huge amounts and very little.

In the 2 week run up to mocks I did 5-7hrs a day
After that I did 3hrs a day for quite a bit, slipping up sometimes and only doing 1 hr.
Then I had some relaxation for a few weeks, after which I went back into routine and did 4-5hrs a day.

I don't know really. I started off doing a lot but then did less and less as I realised I knew all the material and just got really bored.

EDIT: Predicted full A*s apart from English (My school has a rule of never predicting A* for English because it is so subjective - which I agree with).
Although I am only doing 10 GCSEs as I did 4 early.
(edited 11 years ago)
not enough!
Last year I did hardly anything :s-smilie:.
Reply 45
[QUOTE="JamalAhmed;38331089"]
Original post by Procrastination
You tell me. I didn't choose to do this many, it's my school.[/QUOTE

18 is the maximum in your first time doing GCSE's you can go back and do more when Your older.
I did my best, as in, the most I could do without losing focus or burning out.

So all good really.
Reply 47
I did too much!!
Reply 48
Generally only an hour or two the night before, apart from subjects which I'm really bad at, or have to remember a lot for. Hopefully enough :smile:
[QUOTE="Sam_1996;38354279"]
Original post by JamalAhmed

18 is the maximum in your first time doing GCSE's you can go back and do more when Your older.

I didn't mean it like that! I was saying it's unfair if people take more GCSEs (unfair for the people who take a lot of GCSEs)
Reply 50
I did probably an hour a day. I watched every Euro 2012 match and relaxed for most of the time on my PS3. Once study leave began I was pretty much in holiday-mode already. Issues were solved by my consistent work ethic over the past 2 years of school and my sedulous mock revision. Then I realised I knew most of the content already so excessive revision seemed futile. You see, I wanted to avoid burnout and stress at all costs. Predicted all As/A*s.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
My amount of revision depended on the subject.

English I spent like a few hours on because I hated it so much and honestly couldn't sit there for long reading about god damn Lennie and his rabbits. Although it's my worst subject, so looking back I should of spent so much longer.
Maths barely anything, thought I was completely fine with it all, then I'm sititng the exam like :eek:
Sciences, I did SO MUCH. Like seriously. The day before each, I sat down on my table at 9am to start revision and barely moved up until like 10pm, unless I had to make coffee or something. So that was like 13 hours revision haha. Plus the added revision of previous days.

Humanities I revised nothing for, Graphics I had done a fair bit but none of it really helped me and Additional Maths I had to spend a lot of time on as I honestly didn't understand a thing.
Reply 52
honestly i didn't do that much, i made sure i understood the work we covered during lessons and did 3 hours of recap the day before the exam, i also did some past papers. The most revision i did was for my human physiology exam it was a 2 hour paper and i did no revision at all for it except for the night before where i did 5 hours. I really should have done more revision and spread it out more.
Original post by star10159
You do realise that sentence does not make sense?

He may have been implying that although you may have got "good" grades at GCSE don't expect the same trend for A Levels with the current workload. :cool:
Reply 54
I generally did mine a few days running up to the exam, for a few hours. Tend to go into a computer room with a friend and go through every past papers quickly and learn the mark schemes, no need for all this 10 hour a day for 2 months stuff :biggrin:
I didn't so much specific topic revision but I did lots of past papers which were actually a much more productive use of my time, especially for science as many of the questions that came up in the exams I had seen, in one form or another, before.
Reply 56
Not nearly enough.
Original post by grace...
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

5!!! I did that on a really good day.

One day I did like 12 horus worth. Was the day before my physics exam and the only revision I did for it. Went into it maddd!

Overall, I wish I had started earlier so I could have done more!!!
Original post by grace...
allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

Hardly any until the last month before and even then I didn't go all out until a week or so before each one, (or even closer to it depending on my exam timetable)
For GCSE I crammed around 3 hours the night before the exam. I know some people can't work like that but my attention span is terrible, and I tend to forget things if I start weeks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest