The Student Room Group

how much revision did you do ?

allot of people have been talking about 10 hour day and the best i did was about 5 . I have the lowest attention span :s-smilie:

just curious as to how much everyone else did

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I only did about 2 or 3 hours after school :smile:
Reply 2
1 month before the exam i did like an odd hour or 2 and did a bit more a few weeks but during the jubilee i didnt do anything except for in the weekend and i just did some last minute reading/writing. :/ not a lot as I could have done.
All my revision was done the night before the exam. For every single subject, and I didn't make revision notes. I was somewhat doleful over my procrastination, but that's what happens when you're as foolish as me :rolleyes:
ten hours a day is obscene
Reply 5
Original post by Above.The.Empyrean
All my revision was done the night before the exam. For every single subject, and I didn't make revision notes. I was somewhat doleful over my procrastination, but that's what happens when you're as foolish as me :rolleyes:

This is what I did for all of mine (except Sciences, Maths and English which I didn't revise at all) and I still got good grades.

As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a good understanding of the subject you'll be fine without revision at GCSE level - save the 10hours a day for A-Level!
Reply 6
nuthin i juzz go to examzzz and gets straite *As hahahaha.

Joking lol, about an hour a day.
I did one ICT past paper and some maths past papers, that's it. Had I spent time revising for my three worst subjects I'd probably get all As/A*s, too late now.
Original post by H011y94
This is what I did for all of mine (except Sciences, Maths and English which I didn't revise at all) and I still got good grades.

As far as I'm concerned as long as you have a good understanding of the subject you'll be fine without revision at GCSE level - save the 10hours a day for A-Level!

Mhm, I didn't revise Maths and English at all. I was haphazard and half-hearted in my approach to the sciences. I only did before-night revision of Geography/History :smile:
Reply 9
A lot less than I should have done... got my maths exam tomorrow an I'm procrastinating on TSR and games...
Reply 10
Basically nothing for GCSEs and not a lot more for A2 level :P i remember watching every world cup game no matter what exams i had that day or the next, still managed to do ok 2A*,3A,4B,2D :smile:

im worried now that it may not have been the best plan for a level too, especially for math which is horrible. so far for a2 levels i have done 3 days intense studying before each exam and most have gone well enough apart from a math c3 last thursday every other exam should be 70%+ which is not to shabby :smile: even think i got 85-90% in a maths test after comparing my answers with arsey on this website :biggrin:

long story short, to much is made of revision especially by girls. i dont see how they can start doing 8 hours a day and they started months ago its a wasteof time imo
Reply 11
To be honest, not a lot. Physics I think would've gone better with a bit more revision, but the rest I don't think would've went any differentley.
This is for GCSE's? Well this was a general evening:

Mum: "Are you revising?"
Me: "YEAHHHH!"
Mum: "Okay I'll leave you to it."
Me: "Okayyyyy." *reaches for remote*

Then the night before each exam with the revision guide...

Me: "Crap, crap crap!"
Reply 13
45 minutes revision, masturbate. 45 minutes revision, masturbate. And so on...
Not much to be honest... I did quite a lot for Science - probably 4 hours per day in the Easter hols, so before exams even started - purely because I suck at science :rolleyes:

But the rest I just did revision the night before, or over the weekend before the exam :smile: I reckon if I'd worked harder, I'd have done better, but too late now! I'll have to wait till 23rd August for my results :s-smilie:
Original post by annaelizabeth26
ten hours a day is obscene

Depends how close to the exam. I couldn't keep it up for a month, but if you have a week with about 3 exams in I'd be well prepared to spend every waking hour revising. It's worth it.
1 hour at 2 am on the day of the exam...
Reply 17
A week in advance for each subject. The amount of hours varied per subject. For my sciences it was about 20 minutes a day whilst with maths, history and geography it was around an hour leading up to the exam and 3 hours the night before. I was very unorganized and didn't have a schedule. Well, I did but chose to ignore it :P.
Reply 18
Original post by H011y94

You might have "got" good grades but not sure if you're going to "get" good grades -_-
Original post by iSoftie
You might have "got" good grades but not sure if you're going to "get" good grades -_-

You do realise that sentence does not make sense?

Quick Reply

Latest