The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
there has been another discussion started about making money, not sure it has an age limit or anything, but you can look over this thread and get some keen ideas on making money as a teenager. i, myself, have started with affiliate programs and some others are doing online betting/gambling. so checkout this link and see how it develops as more people pour in ideas "Genuine ways to make money online"
Check my profile contact info on this site for a link to my blog. I review and discuss lots of methods to make money online and tell you how I made almost £500, over £100 of which in 1 hour.
Hey, can I get in touch with you to talk about you creating websites? I'm starting to learn HTML and would like to get into that sort of business.
Original post by chandlerjones
Hey, can I get in touch with you to talk about you creating websites? I'm starting to learn HTML and would like to get into that sort of business.

Put xampp on your computer and download something like Wordpress. Host it locally on your computer then play around with it. Use W3School or whatever it's called and use Google as your best friend.

There is also a free online course called Code Academy or something which is absolutely brilliant.
Reply 64
£20/wk from a paper round?! That's impressive, I quit mine last year and because I was only being payed £6 a week for around 5 hours work!
I make ~£100pw for an hours work a week through eBay. All from the comfort of my own bed.
Original post by chandlerjones

How old are you Chandler? I might be able to help you do that :smile:
Reply 67
There are loads of places desperate to hire part time teenagers like you because they can exploit the low minumum wage, the jobs arent hard work and on 0 hour contracts although they are controversial it helps you when at school, such as just not taking any hours when you have exams.
get a loan and check the gold price and make money that way started with £100 at 14 and now i have and audi r8, 4 watches(2 cartiers, a tag and a rolex), 5 gold necklaces and bracelets (16.5oz 9ct), a american championship football ring, a 16ct sapphire and platinum pinkie ring amongst other cheaper pieces
Emigrate to the US as they have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the world compared to here and you you'll be able to bag a job there easily and be in another job next week if you are bored of it. :frown:
How about something helpfull a teen is asking for help and your talking rubbish something helpful would be nice or just don't comment you silly people😆
Original post by tamimi
The same way adults make money. Find a job. If that's not working, you're either doing it wrong or not doing it hard enough.

The job market is a squeeze so don't worry much if you can't find a job.

Have someone check your CV and cover letter template.

Maybe they should emigrate to the US where the job market isn't a squeeze at all? :frown:
Above poster is pretty blatantly a scammer.

I have recently started using the following website, Prolific Academic:

https://prolificacademic.co.uk/rp?ref=RCW0B47U

You contribute to academic research by answering questions, surveys and other things, for example there is an android game testing at the moment. All the surveys pay at least minimum wage and you can earn a decent bit of money if you check it daily.