The Student Room Group

Access to nursing / Access to Healthcare 2012

Hey everyone

I am starting the access to healthcare or access to nursing and was wondering if anyone could give me any information about either course what you learn etc. Would be nice to be able to talk to people who are doing the course now or starting the course to help each other out thanks.
Reply 1
Hey :smile:
I've just finished the access course last week, mine was based around health so the subjects involved were psychology, biology, humans against disease, i.t, communications and study skills and maths. From talking to other people the access course is different in every college. Like i had no exams and just coursework but others were half and half or just exams. If you have any questions now or when you start then just let me know i dont mind helping. I know how stressful the course is :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by nlsmith3
Hey :smile:
If you have any questions now or when you start then just let me know i dont mind helping. I know how stressful the course is :smile:

Thank you very much that would be a great help I have as bit of background as I did as biology and psychology so I have a bit of an idea of some of the stuff that would be involved. What psychology did you do?.

What are your plans now you have completed the course?
Reply 3
The access course is the equivalent to a-levels so it's good you have some experience as it will definately help. The psychology I did was linked to biology, e.g. the effects that long term stress has on body and linking it with theorists etc. Some of it wasn't though, one assignment was scenario based and we had to do an offender profile on a serial killer that was being hunted down by police.

I have a conditional offer from northumbria university for adult nursing. I find out my final grade today also :smile:

Reply 4
The access course is the equivalent to a-levels so it's good you have some experience as it will definately help.

I have a conditional offer from northumbria university for adult nursing. I find out my final grade today also :smile:

Good luck :smile: hope you get it. I liked Northumbria when I went for the open day. Did you do an access course online or at college ?.
Reply 5
Thank you, still havent received my result and it's killing me not knowing. I did the course at my local college- it was just one school term so it was really stressful but I managed it.

Reply 6
Thank you, still havent received my result and it's killing me not knowing. I did the course at my local college- it was just one school term so it was really stressful but I managed it.

One school term ? mines a year long. Hopefully you will get them soon fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 7
Yeh a school year sept-june/ish. Got them today, straight distinctions. Made up :smile: thank u

Reply 8
Hello,

I am starting an Access to Health course in Aug this year too....where are you doing yours??? Mine is North Glasgow College....so nervous but also looking forward to the challenge too!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending