Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AS/A Level expectations?

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey. So I have officially finished all of my GCSE exams! I am happy but sad, because I did like having exams lol!
    I will be starting Sixth Form in September and I just wanted to know what do people expect from College/Sixth Form etc?
    What are people hoping for? What do people want to accomplish? What subjects are people scared about? What subjects are people excited about?
    I am really interested, because I know that some of my friends do not want to start AS levels but some of my friends are really excited!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't expect to breeze through them like you may have done with GCSEs. That's all I'm gonna say lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The summer before I started my AS levels i was anticipating an easy year if i'm honest... figured that as i only had 4 subjects rather than 11 i'd be fine, but maannn it's a lot of work.
    I love history and music so i enjoyed them and i didn't mind doing lots of work for them, but maths was a very painful experience. Just to warn you
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tania<3)
    Don't expect to breeze through them like you may have done with GCSEs. That's all I'm gonna say lol
    He made a thread a few weeks ago where he was unsure as to whether he should take A level Physics despite liking both Physics and Maths because he heard from friends that it is a really difficult A level, and so I don't think he is taking A levels for granted.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol, i remember when i was excited about starting sixth form last year... :rolleyes: Times have changed.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tullia)
    He made a thread a few weeks ago where he was unsure as to whether he should take A level Physics despite liking both Physics and Maths because he heard from friends that it is a really difficult A level, and so I don't think he is taking A levels for granted.
    Oh My Goodness Me! Wow!!! Haha, Its amazing how you remembered and I didn't! I certainly am not! I am so excited and I hope to begin studying for AS levels in July. I will try to teach myself some stuff. I am really excited about Geography, Chemistry and Maths! You know what they say - ''an early bird, catches the worm''!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca94)
    Lol, i remember when i was excited about starting sixth form last year... :rolleyes: Times have changed.
    Which subject do you dislike the most?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is so true particularly about those subjects which you always loved but now hate at A-level :rolleyes:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My last exam was today, and I am pretty happy with how all of my exams went. If im honest, I am most worried about English Lit, History, French and Stats but everything else was a breeze
    Im doing Biology, chemistry, history and either business or psychology, and Im expecting a levels to be really hard from what my brothers and sister said
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which subject do you dislike the most?
    Biology!!! Sooo different to GCSE.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Biology!!! Sooo different to GCSE.
    Which exam board?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board?
    OCR
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    OCR
    That explains it then!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 21, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.