The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 1
cartmel's near lonsdale and furness i think is getting new accomodation built is fairly close to the centre i think? hope that helps! Em x
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I live in Londale college, this accommodation is good, moreover, the lonsdale bar is quite new, so every friday they are people from every college.
However, if you want the nearest accommodation, you should go for furness.
Reply 3
yeah actually a decent bar would be a huge bonus too
Reply 4
Do you want a bar that's more like a pub or more like a club?

For pub, Furness. For club, Lonsdale.
Reply 5
bear in mind that furness has no tv for live sport, and is a bit old and dingy
Reply 6
old and dingy!! We prefer to describe it as rustic charm. As has been said earlier on in the thread, anywhere on alexandra park is new accom and the new freshers will be the very first people into the furness en-suites. Although Trevor doesn't have big screen tv for the games, it is right in the centre of campus and fylde, bowland and grizedale are all close by so its not like you miss out.
Trevor isn't liked by everyone, but those who do like it seem to love it.

Nobar can please everyone, so it's good that there are nine of them.
Reply 8
is alexandra park the name of the new bit? If it is, that's where I want to be.

I'd rather have a bar similar to Lonsdale's that isn't more than a five minute walk away from my room.
hi, i looked at lonsdale on the open day looked good! but i think u should look yourself! as for bars dont think it matters no one will stop u going to other bar on campus or going into lancaster itself!
Reply 10
and pretty much where ever you are on campus your are never more than 5 minutes away from a bar.
Reply 11
Which is like the best thing ever!

We got the pleasures of Lonny Idol in our bar last week. That was fun....
Reply 12
lol. do i sense some sarcasm :biggrin:
wasn't the best singing i have ever seen
Reply 13
The judges were shallow.

Latest