Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Who create the creator ?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone !!

I want to know any arguments or ideas about this issue .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    You assume there's creator?
    That assumption is not necessary at all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    if u say there is something that created the creator then you could carry on and say something created the thing that created the creator. so this could carry on forever
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tyler the creator ?

His mum and dad created him
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    The idea that there is a creator is based on the design arguement and that therefore must be a creator, and everything that is complex is just proof that there must be a creator. The design arguement to me just seems as a complete paradox. If everything that is complex must by definition have a designer/creator, then the complexity of the designer of this must be huge thus he must have a designer, and on and on to infinity.

The whole of your question relies on there definitely being a creator which brings in the above flaw everytime, to me it is the largest problem with the idea of god, if he had to design us then he must have been designed, ect, ect.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Chicken egg argument

/thread
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    A religious person would refer to the Cosmological argument which states God is the first cause. They'd refer to the domino effect, implying God is the force which caused the first domino to fall.

Ideas vary depending on faiths and beliefs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We created the creator.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    It looks as though you're discussing the implications of theism, not its truth: assuming there is a creator, the standard theistic response to your question is to claim that the creator is a necessary being, i.e. it contains within itself the reason for its existence so requires no exteranal cause.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just going to point out your title is grammatically wrong. You could have "Who created the creator?" or even "Who creates the creator?" if it's an ongoing creation, but your title is just wrong.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    How can universe just appear out of nothing. Surely, God made it...

Well who made God then?

God didn't need to be made...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Creator wasn't created. This "Creator" isn't a physical being, he's not within the universe. He didn't need to be created. He just is and was and always will be.

....Not that I believe in a creator. I just like arguing meaningless points.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    IMO it's more likely a "what" than a "who" (hypothetically assuming that there is a creator of course)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree, but I feel odd referring to what I'd imagine to be a supremely intelligent being as simply "it". Although I suppose referring to this creator fella in human terms is sort of a degradation of importance too. Hmmm.

Maybe we should just give this hypothetical super being a name and refer to it by that. How about Bob? Let's ignore the male gender implicated by that name and assume that Bob is a higher being, genderless, formless, and more or less non-existent. That is to say, Bob doesn't exist in the same way that we know the universe to exist. You can't see Bob or touch Bob, for example. If that is the case, why would Bob need to be created? Bob doesn't exist in a material state, so Bob didn't need to be made to exist- he wasn't created.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, in schools, they teach the cause and effect theory. This states that everything that has ever existed or occurred has been created by god or linked back to god, but if you apply the big bang theory to this cause and effect most Christians would say 'Well what came before the big bang?' And at that point most people wouldn't answer. Then we apply god to this theory and people would say 'What came before god?' Then Christians would answer 'nothing' or 'since he is god he needs no creator, he is the creator' So why does there have to be something before the big bang?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Hero
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ALIENS
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 2 arguments you could put across for this are that;

a) There's an endless chain of Gods, each more powerful than the last, ad infinitum
    b) 'God/Creator' had no beginning, and is a constant presence.

There are flaws in both arguments.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What caused the big bang?

God exploded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Refer to Bertrand Russel's destruction of the argument to first cause.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    TEAM JACOB!

oh wait, wrong pointless argument.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 9, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.