Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Music to Revise to?

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you but I just can't focus on revision when everything is silent - it drives me crazy. But, music channels and the radio are just too hectic to listen to so I'm thinking of making a playlist of soothing/calming/non-distracting songs that I can play whilst revising and on the day of exams, which should help to relax me.

I get headaches quite a lot - it's a medically unavoidable thing for the time being (stupid doctors) - and I'd like to minimise the chances of having one on exam days so it's important that the songs are calming!

Any help is much appreciated, I swear I'm dying.

Cheers!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-lW...eature=related
    Perhaps this? I prefer the laptop fan though. I can't listen to music lol!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Try the Pink Floyd album 'Obscured By Clouds', there's not many lyrics and it's nice and calming (for me, anyway!)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerseymackem)
    Try the Pink Floyd album 'Obscured By Clouds', there's not many lyrics and it's nice and calming (for me, anyway!)
    Pink Floyd is definitely a great band to revise to, not too distracting and very relaxing. I'd also suggest some 808 State (try the album Newbuild) for some acid house, or even Aphex Twin; not sure about everyone but the tempo of many of their songs just really helps me get in the zone I've found.

That said, I generally revise without music, and when I do it's usually only to drown out some other noise.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Two of my favourite bands at the moment are If These Trees Could Talk and Explosions In The Sky :yep: They're not exactly calming, but they're not distracting either and they're both instrumental so there are no lyrics to put you off or anything.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    i tend to listen to ed sheeran, jason mraz or mumford and sons if im working.

its verry much chill out music and helps me zone out, yet if im on a break i can sing along...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I normally listen to the scripts album, Science and Faith, pretty relaxing to listen to
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    weirdly at the mo Ive been listening to Maroon 5's new album, overexposed. It's soooo good.
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drum and bass, and chilled out dubstep.

No lyrics.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ludovico Einaudi
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Minimal techno.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Biosphere
    Carbon Based Lifeforms
    Kaito (Hiroshi Watanabe)
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:

My favourite revision song, listened to it a ridiculous number of times, only thing that calmed me down before exams.

Love this. Film/TV soundtracks have amazing revision music.

My computer's playing up so I won't post any more videos, but seriously, film soundtracks. Harry Potter and Doctor Who have some great ones.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Elbow, I am Kloot and Lissie I find help me calm down and concentrate.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katetaylor)
    I don't know about you but I just can't focus on revision when everything is silent - it drives me crazy. But, music channels and the radio are just too hectic to listen to so I'm thinking of making a playlist of soothing/calming/non-distracting songs that I can play whilst revising and on the day of exams, which should help to relax me.

I get headaches quite a lot - it's a medically unavoidable thing for the time being (stupid doctors) - and I'd like to minimise the chances of having one on exam days so it's important that the songs are calming!

Any help is much appreciated, I swear I'm dying.

Cheers!
    Any of Joshua Radin's songs (We are ok, Winter, today, Friend Like You, I'd Rather Be With You... )
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thomas Newman - Any Other Name
    Patrick Watson - Lighthouse
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't listen to music while revising it's so distracting! i would just start singing or dancing and revision down the drain...

if i do listen to music while revising i think clasical/instrumental music is best... nothing upbeat or too provoking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Liberty)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-lW...eature=related
    Perhaps this? I prefer the laptop fan though. I can't listen to music lol!
    LOL at top comment on the video.

Steps:
    1. put the music on a low volume so it feels like its in the background
    2. focus on the video and just imagine you are on that beach with your desk
    3. imagine the breeze as you sit with your laptop
    3. close your eyes and then take deep breaths for 30 seconds
    4. open your eyes and realize that you are still sitting in your plain old house with your ****ty laptop with no work done
    5. now look to the right of the video where there are more video suggestions
    6. continue procrastinating
    fml
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally i quite like listening to Gustav Holsts Planet Suite when trying to revise
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3lR66xwYIs

Whole CD of chill music for you there. I had it on loop for so long I can't listen to it anymore .

Manu Chao is a legend.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 24, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.