Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pizza Hut rejected :(

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    After I apply for them, and I think I got automatic reject. Here is the email.

Thanks for applying for a position with Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd! Unfortunately you have not met our requirements at this stage of our process and therefore we will not be progressing your application further. We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in this position and wish you all the best in your continued job search.

I don't really get what I need to get that require. Is it about qualifications because I also apply for KFC too and it said "qualifications must be meet requirement" and I start to confuse now. Please help
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's probably down to experience, age or qualifications (food hygeine/gcses). Was this after you filed in a questionnaire for the job?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You have GCSE English & Maths? Is there a minimum amount of GCSE/A-Level grades you need?

Did you check if they need a food hygiene qualification?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well, my qualification is:
    english language C
    math A
    Science C
    Textiles A
    IT: 1 Merit, 3 pass
    sport studies: pass
    PE : pass

@Clare: yeah! i filed all of the questionaire and it send me that email.
    @ConorF: do they need food hygiene qualification??? I don't know but i sure i didn't see it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I filled in the same form a year ago, before I'd had a proper job (i.e. so I said I had no experience). I got the same email, so I assume you don't have any/enough work experience? I know how you feel though, I spent a fair while on that questionnaire!

So yeah, I think it automatically rejected you because it was filtering out applicants without experience.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. I've applied to Pizza Hut 3 times. Each time I applied with practically the same things,lol-

.17 years old
    .Worked at Waterstones as an xmas temp for 3 months and a waitress previously for 6 months
    .AS Levels and GCSEs

and still I got the reject. It might be your availability.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got the same, ignorant ****s.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    how much work experience need to get the damn job >"< it's so harsh ...
    does anyone know what they expects?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NKenny)
    how much work experience need to get the damn job >"< it's so harsh ...
    does anyone know what they expects?
    It's just a way that they have to screen applications. They receive so many that they automatically filter out those that don't have experience. It really isn't anything personal.

You should consider something like delivery staff or events. I dug this one up for you which doesn't seem to require experience.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gribeiro94)
    It's just a way that they have to screen applications. They receive so many that they automatically filter out those that don't have experience. It really isn't anything personal.

You should consider something like delivery staff or events. I dug this one up for you which doesn't seem to require experience.
    really thanks but i'm not live in London >"< but I will try to try on the website thanks xD
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:

Thanks for applying for a position with Pizza Hut (UK) Ltd! Unfortunately you have not met our requirements at this stage of our process and therefore we will not be progressing your application further. We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in this position and wish you all the best in your continued job search.

I don't really get what I need to get that require. Is it about qualifications because I also apply for KFC too and it said "qualifications must be meet requirement" and I start to confuse now. Please help
    are you overly qualified? I think I got rejected by asda for a similar reason. Asda said i didn't pass the maths, literacy or personality test for their psychometric testing despite getting A in maths and further maths alevel and getting into oxford to do maths. :eek: ... they're obviously giving me the bull...i avoid shopping at asda now...morrisons ftw!

Oh and the reason i came to this thread was to say I went to pizza hut and had their buffet yesterday :eek: It was AWESOMEEEEEEE . Woo!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't take it personally I got rejected from Harvester and I have GCSE's, Alevels, Food Hygiene Certificate, First Aid Certificate, 6 months waitressing weddings experience, 6 months waitressing in Frankie and Bennys, 6 months in retail, 6 months reception experience, 12 months as an Account manager.. ect. So I really don't know what they want.

Maybe my full time job as an account manager before I went to Uni put them off. :/

I'm currently working at BHS but applied to Asda yesterday, I decided to just include my retail and waitressing experience and miss everything else off.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did you do an online application with a test about customer service situations etc? If so, they filter it out automatically so they only have to read through the applicants who scored highest on that test and then read through their application instead of going through them all.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvh)
    I really wouldn't take it personally I got rejected from Harvester and I have GCSE's, Alevels, Food Hygiene Certificate, First Aid Certificate, 6 months waitressing weddings experience, 6 months waitressing in Frankie and Bennys, 6 months in retail, 6 months reception experience, 12 months as an Account manager.. ect. So I really don't know what they want.

Maybe my full time job as an account manager before I went to Uni put them off. :/

I'm currently working at BHS but applied to Asda yesterday, I decided to just include my retail and waitressing experience and miss everything else off.
    **** me, you have tonnes of experience and still got rejected!?

I found with applying for work that it was part luck and part work experience. Mostly luck in my case tbh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to notify you whether you passed the online job assessment?

I only applied yesterday...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected too and I don't know why. I had GCSE's and AS levels when I applied plus a food hygeine certificate and a years experience working in a place similar to greggs so had customer service exp and worked in a food environment and still got rejected! Who knows what they want!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

Did you have to fill out a questionnaire in which your charector was put in strange circumstances and you had to decided which was the best situation from some bullet points??
    Or did they ask you to tell them all your qualifications?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go out and get a job, they said. The employment market isn't that bad, they said...
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    are you overly qualified? I think I got rejected by asda for a similar reason. Asda said i didn't pass the maths, literacy or personality test for their psychometric testing despite getting A in maths and further maths alevel and getting into oxford to do maths. :eek: ... they're obviously giving me the bull...i avoid shopping at asda now...morrisons ftw!
    Something about your post made me: :eek: and :teehee: as well hehe.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Something about your post made me: :eek: and :teehee: as well hehe.
    glad i could amuse you :teehee: I've still not been to asda since they rejected me last september i think it was! :woo:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.