Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite vegetarian dishes?!

Announcements Posted on
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    So i've turned into a vegetarian from now on! What is your favourite vegetarian dish?

(Need ideas)

Thanks!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Eggplant Parmesan, soo nice. If you like curry, try anything with Paneer. Grilled Halloumi with salad and pitta bread. Falafel burgers :borat:. Pumpkin Ravioli with any sauce works wonders. umm cheese and risotto cake. Can't think of anything else of the top of my head, hope that helps
    • 57 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeGusta)
    Eggplant Parmesan, soo nice. If you like curry, try anything with Paneer. Grilled Halloumi with salad and pitta bread. Falafel burgers :borat:. Pumpkin Ravioli with any sauce works wonders. umm cheese and risotto cake. Can't think of anything else of the top of my head, hope that helps
    me gusta - no really

thanks for the ideas
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Toast. With marmite of course.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saag aloo
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    me gusta - no really

thanks for the ideas
    No probs
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like my vegetarians roasted! Omnomnom.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeGusta)
    Make sure you use 'hard cheese' rather than parmesan - parmesan isn't vegetarian!
    • 74 followers

ReputationRep:
    Vegetable korma is one of my favourites at the moment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well, I'm a vegetarian, but i live off quorn. I eat the same 'meat' dishes, only exchanging the meat for quorn lol. one of my favorites is quorn bacon sandwich haha.
    I eat a lot of salad and stir fry to help keep my weight in check, but i have some other nice meals.
    one is gnocchi, pesto, sundried tomatoes, rocket and toasted pine nuts.
    I also have made a mushroom and white wine lasagne

edit: beware of 'hidden' meat. not all pesto is vegetarian- sainsbury's fresh pesto is, as is sacla organic. a lot of chese contains animal rennet so avoid those. parmesan has animal rennet in - ist canonly be parmesan if it contains this ingredient, but sainsbury's sell a good substitute marketed as italian hard cheese
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellakrystina)
    Make sure you use 'hard cheese' rather than parmesan - parmesan isn't vegetarian!
    I always make sure I check the label first there is vegetarian parmesan.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunettegirl92)
    well, I'm a vegetarian, but i live off quorn. I eat the same 'meat' dishes, only exchanging the meat for quorn lol. one of my favorites is quorn bacon sandwich haha.
    I eat a lot of salad and stir fry to help keep my weight in check, but i have some other nice meals.
    one is gnocchi, pesto, sundried tomatoes, rocket and toasted pine nuts.
    I also have made a mushroom and white wine lasagne

edit: beware of 'hidden' meat. not all pesto is vegetarian- sainsbury's fresh pesto is, as is sacla organic. a lot of chese contains animal rennet so avoid those. parmesan has animal rennet in - ist canonly be parmesan if it contains this ingredient, but sainsbury's sell a good substitute marketed as italian hard cheese
    Haha quorn bacon sarnie nice one. Shall try Pesto thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lentil cottage pie, sounds foul but even meat eaters in my family prefer it
    • 140 followers

ReputationRep:
    Roasted Vegetable Lasagne is one of my favourites!
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    I eat veggie half the week due to my finances and I do genuinely enjoy the food.

Falafel + pitta + salad + mint/cucumber yoghurt dip
    Butternut squash & chickpea curry
    Tomato & Lentil soup
    Roast Red Peppers stuffed with veg & harissa bulghar wheat or cous cous & cheese
    Pesto Pasta
    Stir Fried veggies with cashew nuts
    Egg Fried Rice
    Veggie Burgers (shop bought due to laziness)
    Quinoa is a grain containing all 9 essential amino acids meaning it is a complete protein. A litte difficult to find but health food shops and big supermarkets stock it. You can make it into porridge, sprinkle in salads after cooking, substitute rice etc so try it!
    I like soybeans that you get in Japanese restaurants (edamame) Nom nom nom. I get mine frozen and steam them + throw in salads.

I don't eat meat substitutes as I do eat and enjoy meat but you can substitute for Quorn products, tofu is great marinated and used in Asian cooking, Paneer great for curries and you can make your own onion Bhajis and things. Experiment with the veg you eat and don't rely on cheese-quite a few veggies I know just eat cheese pizza and wonder why they feel sluggish and put on weight lol.
    • 31 followers

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with the falafel, salad and mint yoghurt in pitta bread!

There are loads and loads of different beans that are surprisingly nice! Recently I've been really liking borlotti beans, I cook them in a 'stew' type thing, with lots of fresh tomatoes, red pepper, some onion, a tiny bit of garlic and lots of chilli powder and smoked paprika. Then throw some corriander in at the end and eat it with wholemeal pitta bread, salad and sour cream and chive dip. It doesn't sound very exciting but it's amazing.

There are loads of possibilities for different curries, with lentils or chickpeas, different vegetables etc. Just whatever you fancy really.

If you like butternut squash, this is really nice - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3...h-goats-cheese

There are literally loads of different types of risotto, stir fries, pasta dishes, soups and stews that you could make!

Lentil salad with grilled haloumi is really nice. In fact, anything with puy lentils :coma: You can get them in little pouches that you microwave for a minute, I sometimes just eat them with a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil. They must be seasoned already because they're a lot more tasty than when I try to cook them properly

Also, I sometimes buy these meals from M&S in the 'Lovely Vegetables' range which are really gorgeous :sogood: I'm not 100% sure if they are vegetarian, but you could definitely make your own version! They do one which is pasta and tomato sauce with tons of other things in it, like black olives, grilled red and yellow pepper, grilled artichoke, spinach and a little bit of feta cheese. They do another with all sorts of different lentils, with broccoli, butternut squash and all sorts of other nice things. Omnomnom!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Vegetarian lasagne, and couscous with feta, roast vegtables like butternut squash, peppers and obegenes is sooooo nice but you should check the recipe it is by delia!
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Totally agree with the falafel, salad and mint yoghurt in pitta bread!

There are loads and loads of different beans that are surprisingly nice! Recently I've been really liking borlotti beans, I cook them in a 'stew' type thing, with lots of fresh tomatoes, red pepper, some onion, a tiny bit of garlic and lots of chilli powder and smoked paprika. Then throw some corriander in at the end and eat it with wholemeal pitta bread, salad and sour cream and chive dip. It doesn't sound very exciting but it's amazing.

There are loads of possibilities for different curries, with lentils or chickpeas, different vegetables etc. Just whatever you fancy really.

If you like butternut squash, this is really nice - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3...h-goats-cheese

There are literally loads of different types of risotto, stir fries, pasta dishes, soups and stews that you could make!

Lentil salad with grilled haloumi is really nice. In fact, anything with puy lentils :coma: You can get them in little pouches that you microwave for a minute, I sometimes just eat them with a little bit of lemon juice and olive oil. They must be seasoned already because they're a lot more tasty than when I try to cook them properly

Also, I sometimes buy these meals from M&S in the 'Lovely Vegetables' range which are really gorgeous :sogood: I'm not 100% sure if they are vegetarian, but you could definitely make your own version! They do one which is pasta and tomato sauce with tons of other things in it, like black olives, grilled red and yellow pepper, grilled artichoke, spinach and a little bit of feta cheese. They do another with all sorts of different lentils, with broccoli, butternut squash and all sorts of other nice things. Omnomnom!
    Thanks
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    I eat veggie half the week due to my finances and I do genuinely enjoy the food.

Falafel + pitta + salad + mint/cucumber yoghurt dip
    Butternut squash & chickpea curry
    Tomato & Lentil soup
    Roast Red Peppers stuffed with veg & harissa bulghar wheat or cous cous & cheese
    Pesto Pasta
    Stir Fried veggies with cashew nuts
    Egg Fried Rice
    Veggie Burgers (shop bought due to laziness)
    Quinoa is a grain containing all 9 essential amino acids meaning it is a complete protein. A litte difficult to find but health food shops and big supermarkets stock it. You can make it into porridge, sprinkle in salads after cooking, substitute rice etc so try it!
    I like soybeans that you get in Japanese restaurants (edamame) Nom nom nom. I get mine frozen and steam them + throw in salads.

I don't eat meat substitutes as I do eat and enjoy meat but you can substitute for Quorn products, tofu is great marinated and used in Asian cooking, Paneer great for curries and you can make your own onion Bhajis and things. Experiment with the veg you eat and don't rely on cheese-quite a few veggies I know just eat cheese pizza and wonder why they feel sluggish and put on weight lol.
    lol cheese is a dark demon!! but thanks for the ideas especially soybeans!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Quorn. with Quorn.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 21, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.