Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sexually frustrated plus other issues :(

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My main problem is my sexual frustration. I'm almost 22 and have never even kissed a guy, I'm a virgin.
    I am constantly thinking about sex and want a boyfriend.
    I'm socially awkward I guess, don't have many friends and few guy friends. One close guy friend who I was friends with for years and fancied him for all that length of time rejected me when I finally told him how I felt.
    It crushed me and I'm still finding it hard moving on.
    I believe I am ugly, my few friends tell me otherwise but I am below average.
    I was always very fit and thin and would now say I'm fat which is bothering me. Injury has also stopped me from exercising and I'm scared it won't recover properly to allow me to exercise hard again.
    I've just never been happy with who I am as a person and I feel like the intelligence that I did have is slowly falling away, I am performing averagely at uni.
    I am starting to realise I have trust issues and can't face that a best friend ACTUALLY wants to spent time with me, Im scared it will just disappear Shortly.
    I believe I will be forever alone, I know with this attitude it's a high bet but I've tried to change and am very good at hiding all this.
    I don't think I'll ever get a boyfriend because of the way I look and am so socially awkward and nervous especially around guys.
    I'm just so screwed up, sorry for the rant.
    Was just wondering how people deal with sexual frustration? It's driving me insane!! I always felt good after exercising but I don't have that now which is also driving me insane!!
    Any advice on my other issues?
    I just can't seem to accept or at least "like" myself. Doubt I ever will
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My piece of advice is to be confident in yourself! Guys find confidence attractive and it seems that it could do you a lot of help if you're thinking more positively of yourself. A large majoirty of people face heartbreak and rejection but you cannot hang onto the past, as difficult as it may be you need to move on and live your life!

You need to try and trust people, because you need to let them in and accept that people want to be friends with you and want to spend time with you. By not trusting them in what they're saying inevitably you're going to drive them away. Let yourself be vulnerable in order to let people in, we all get hurt at some point in our lives so if your friend actually turns out to be a jerk and stop spending time with you (which I highly doubt) then they clearly were not worth the time or effort but you need to at least give them a chance to prove you wrong.

So many people experience social awkwardness, you're not the only one, you need to relax more and if you make a fool of yourself then just laugh it off because I highly doubt someone is going to judge you because you make mistakes. With new 'guy experiences' i suggest that you go with the flow, have a little bit of fun - relax and forget all the worries you have!

I think you should focus on all your good points rather than things you do not like about yourself!
    Smile!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something-Silly)
    My main problem is my sexual frustration. I'm almost 22 and have never even kissed a guy, I'm a virgin.
    I'm socially awkward I guess, don't have many friends and few guy friends. One close guy friend who I was friends with for years and fancied him for all that length of time rejected me when I finally told him how I felt.
    I was always very fit and thin and would now say I'm fat which is bothering me. Injury has also stopped me from exercising and I'm scared it won't recover properly to allow me to exercise hard again.
    I've just never been happy with who I am as a person and I feel like the intelligence that I did have is slowly falling away, I am performing averagely at uni.
    I am starting to realise I have trust issues and can't face that a best friend ACTUALLY wants to spent time with me, Im scared it will just disappear Shortly.
    I believe I will be forever alone, I know with this attitude it's a high bet but I've tried to change and am very good at hiding all this.
    I don't think I'll ever get a boyfriend because of the way I look and am so socially awkward and nervous especially around guys.
    Was just wondering how people deal with sexual frustration? It's driving me insane!! I always felt good after exercising but I don't have that now which is also driving me insane!!
    Try not to be so pessimistic, stop over thinking everything as well, and try to be more confident and happy, guys don't want to go out with someone who isn't fun to be with
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!
    I do try really hard to be more confident and positive. I'm a lot better than I used to be believe it or not.
    I am bad at overthinking, really need to stop that aswell.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you need to meet new people- join a club or something
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One problem leads to another, just accept who you are and the others will fall into place.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Something-Silly)
    just watch some comedy.. you'll be more comfortable and confident if you learn to make fun out of yourself every now and then, and just laugh it off.. thats no excuse to not make an effort with yourself.. i know plenty of physically semi-attractive to not-attractive girls that i'd go out with solely because they have a positive vibe about them. its hard to explain but a smiley, boisterous girl is more attractive than a silent, sit-in-the-corner-say-nothing, never smiley type of girl..

but then again thats a whole personality change and thats not as easy as it sounds and is a bit fake.. the best way to get some guy attention is, quite simply, show off the assets .. as pervy as it sounds, that is the easiest way of getting male attention without changing your personality, and you can do that without looking entirely slaggy..

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 19, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.