Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Theory test

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone taken a theory test recently?? Is it much harder ??

Any help would be much appreciated
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The theory test is and always has been extremely easy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    The theory test is and always has been extremely easy.
    :cool: I just think i'm going to fail the hazard part lol
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Questions were easy.

Hazard I barely passed. .

(old test)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree, The theory test is easy, but that doesnt mean you should just assume straight away its in the bag, theyll ask weird questions that you basically need to know to pass. Like how long should you cool a burn etc. But other than that a few practices you should pass.

Hazard perception is harder, you need to make sure you practice and know what to look for. I only passed by 3 points (47/75) but a pass none the less.

Good luck
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camoxide)
    Questions were easy.

Hazard I barely passed. .

(old test)
    Ok yh the questions are ok I have passed mainly all the times after I completed all my revision on each topic but the hazard i seem to be failing more
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AverageExcellence)
    I agree, The theory test is easy, but that doesnt mean you should just assume straight away its in the bag, theyll ask weird questions that you basically need to know to pass. Like how long should you cool a burn etc. But other than that a few practices you should pass.

Hazard perception is harder, you need to make sure you practice and know what to look for. I only passed by 3 points (47/75) but a pass none the less.

Good luck
    Yes I find the hazard much harder everyone I talk to says the hazard is the easiest part but I son't seem to think so :mad::mad: I really want to pass first time as I need to book my pratical :rolleyes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hk :))
    Yes I find the hazard much harder everyone I talk to says the hazard is the easiest part but I son't seem to think so :mad::mad: I really want to pass first time as I need to book my pratical :rolleyes:
    have you got the driving theory dvd? its like indentical to the test. you should definitely get it if you havent done so
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    have you got the driving theory dvd? its like indentical to the test. you should definitely get it if you havent done so
    Yes i've got both the hazard part and the theory questions I just passed the hazard for like the second time .. do you just click one when you see a hazard or if it is continous i.e a bike do you keep clicking ??

And another question are people walking on either side of the footpath a hazard to the driver ??

Thanks and I much appreciate your help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Never keep clicking on Hazard perception! Click when you very first see it, then maybe another ONCE when it develops. Clicking too many times will give you 0.

EDIT: people walking on the pavement aren't hazards.

look for people pulling out of giveways, people overtaking you, CYCLISTS! cars taking up a lane by parking (ie, what you have to overtake) zebra crossings, people crossing the road randomly, meeting situations on small roads, tractors and horses, animals crossing the road.....

anything that would make you stop in real life, click!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfizzle)
    Never keep clicking on Hazard perception! Click when you very first see it, then maybe another ONCE when it develops. Clicking too many times will give you 0.

EDIT: people walking on the pavement aren't hazards.

look for people pulling out of giveways, people overtaking you, CYCLISTS! cars taking up a lane by parking (ie, what you have to overtake) zebra crossings, people crossing the road randomly, meeting situations on small roads, tractors and horses, animals crossing the road.....

anything that would make you stop in real life, click!
    Ok thank you I do seem to click on all the hazards you stated above but I think I just click to much sometimes and too late on some occasions

Will try got my test in 7 days :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes i've got both the hazard part and the theory questions I just passed the hazard for like the second time .. do you just click one when you see a hazard or if it is continous i.e a bike do you keep clicking ??

And another question are people walking on either side of the footpath a hazard to the driver ??

You click every time the hazard develops, I used to think about how id react in real life. So if youre coming round a corner and you see a cyclist, when driving youd react straight away usually and come off the accelerator or whatever - so youd want to click then. You then click again if/when it develops.
    Same thing applies to your second question, if people were walking on the footpath would you see this as a hazard? I certainly wouldnt, its what footpaths are there for! If someone was to run out ahead then that would be different.

The thing with hazard perception is that you need to learn how to beat it, if you dont know where youre going wrong you could do millions of them and still fail in the theory test. Its a pointless part of the test, if you spot hazards too early you get 0 marks which is ridiculous! If you click too often then you can get 0 for the whole clip which means you have to make up the marks somewhere else which may be tough if youre not that good at it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypercaine.)
    You click every time the hazard develops, I used to think about how id react in real life. So if youre coming round a corner and you see a cyclist, when driving youd react straight away usually and come off the accelerator or whatever - so youd want to click then. You then click again if/when it develops.
    Same thing applies to your second question, if people were walking on the footpath would you see this as a hazard? I certainly wouldnt, its what footpaths are there for! If someone was to run out ahead then that would be different.

The thing with hazard perception is that you need to learn how to beat it, if you dont know where youre going wrong you could do millions of them and still fail in the theory test. Its a pointless part of the test, if you spot hazards too early you get 0 marks which is ridiculous! If you click too often then you can get 0 for the whole clip which means you have to make up the marks somewhere else which may be tough if youre not that good at it.
    I review the test at the end to see what clip I didn't spot the hazard ... but sometimes a hazard faraway allows you to pre-per what actions you will take so im kind of :confused: :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok thank you I do seem to click on all the hazards you stated above but I think I just click to much sometimes and too late on some occasions

Will try got my test in 7 days :rolleyes:
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfizzle)
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do well
    Thanks I Hope so
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

There should be either 1 or 2 obvious hazards in the test and those are the ones u click, if youve already identified it and the hazard continues then you dont continue clicking.

Id recommend you dont do the test to begin with and do the 'lessons' which show you the breakdown.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There should be either 1 or 2 obvious hazards in the test and those are the ones u click, if youve already identified it and the hazard continues then you dont continue clicking.

Id recommend you dont do the test to begin with and do the 'lessons' which show you the breakdown.
    What do you mean lessons which show the breakdown ... on the CD it just gives some exam tips and allows me to take a exam practice test ?? :confused:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean lessons which show the breakdown ... on the CD it just gives some exam tips and allows me to take a exam practice test ?? :confused:
    On the CD go to Hazzard perception, then do a segment one, you can do like 3 clips. Then after youve done them it shows the timings when you should click at the hazard to get the marks.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the CD go to Hazzard perception, then do a segment one, you can do like 3 clips. Then after youve done them it shows the timings when you should click at the hazard to get the marks.
    OK Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have the 2011 DSA disk, do i have to get the 2012 new version?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 22, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered learning to drive

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.