The Student Room Group

Male tea drinkers 50% more likely to develop prostate cancer

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Having a prostate has also been revealed to significantly increase the risk of prostate cancer.
Probably because most people who drink that much tea eat too many chocolate biscuits.

Reminds me of the "sausages cause cancer" thing a while back. Poor people who eat lots of cheap food and rely on the nhs more likely to get cancer? No **** sherlock.

****ing disgrace to academia.
Original post by Genocidal
Oh everything causes cancer. Quite frankly I would rather just enjoy life and get cancer. Excuse me whilst I sit in an oxygen tent and get drip-fed protein shakes for my entire life!

Actually, oxygen is responsible for free radicals, causing cell damage, which can lead to cancer. You'd be better off in a low-oxygen environment.

.. Until you have cancer that is.. Then I think you'd be better off blasting your cancer cells with high oxygen.
(edited 11 years ago)
Oh everything causes cancer. Quite frankly I would rather just enjoy life and get cancer. Excuse me whilst I sit in an oxygen tent and get drip-fed protein shakes for my entire life!
:nope: Sitting down for prolonged periods increases the risk of cancer. :teehee:
Original post by IndyAM
Than Female non-tea drinkers? :/

Male organ.

Not sure if serious...
Reply 25
Original post by Aj12
Who drinks 7 cups of tea a day?

erm ... lol i easily swig 10 - 15 a day, sometimes more, unless im in the gym or the pub the only thing i drink is tea :biggrin:
Reply 26
Original post by Aj12

me... sometimes more. oh poo :eek:
I drink 10-15 a day also.

By the way, you might want to read the whole article.
Just under a quarter of the 6,016 men were heavy tea drinkers, consuming seven or more cups a day. Of these, 6.4 per cent developed prostate cancer over the next 37 years.

From - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2161357/Seven-cups-tea-day-raises-risk-prostate-cancer-50.html#ixzz1yHdBvnJS

No need to worry.
Reply 29
yeah, I'm not really worried anyway, i smoke, drink alcohol and eat burnt toast ... i doubt my tea habit should be my first concern.
Here here
"Whilst it does appear that - of the 6,000 men who took part in this study - those who drank seven or more cups of tea each day had an increased risk of developing prostate cancer, this did not take into consideration family history or any other dietary elements other than tea, coffee and alcohol intake.

"We would therefore not wish any man to be concerned that drinking a moderate amount of tea as part of a healthy diet will put them at an increased risk of developing prostate cancer."
Reply 31
Original post by Aj12

Me :colondollar:
Reply 32
Original post by IndyAM
Than Female non-tea drinkers? :/

:lol:

Don't worry, you're not the only one judging by the pos rep you got there. :tongue:
---

With prostate cancer, they say if you lived long enough, pretty much all men would get it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by Aj12

Tony Benn (87) is reportedly a 10 pint a day tea drinker.
Reply 34
Whay doesn't cause cancer nowadays?
I'm pretty sure that I read some time ago that black tea prevents some sorts of cancer.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Reply 36
Sort of relavent

Reply 37
The paper is very short, suggests no mechanism for the action and is basically just data mining that gives a correlation. At only p=0.02, one of the many stats in the dataset would have shown a cancer risk most likely. It also disagrees with some previous studies and agrees with others.

Don't think it's worth much, the university press office overhyped it then the BBC/media removed all the statistical caveats in their reporting.
Who even funds all these so called "studies"? The EU?
Pure oxygen is toxic and I'm pretty sure there are health negatives associated with intravenous food consumption.

Might as well just kill yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending