Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How is exercise fun!?!

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie_say_relax)
    5 foot 10 and currently weigh 78kg, so yeh, relatively skinny.

Thanks for all the responses.
    Don't feel too good about yourself. You could have lots of internal fat, and as you age your fitness and physique can drastically deteriorate (I'd say as young as 21 onward you're going downhill slowly and this accelerates when you hit your 30's if you don't make an effort). Keep in good shape now while it's easy then it'll be easier to maintain. See all those fat guys in their 30's and 40's? They were skinny in their early 20's too.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Don't feel too good about yourself. You could have lots of internal fat, and as you age your fitness and physique can drastically deteriorate (I'd say as young as 21 onward you're going downhill slowly and this accelerates when you hit your 30's if you don't make an effort). Keep in good shape now while it's easy then it'll be easier to maintain. See all those fat guys in their 30's and 40's? They were skinny in their early 20's too.
    I know I don't have lots of internal fat because my cholesterol is low (I'm diabetic so my blood is tested a lot), but i am aware that fitness will definitely decline. If anti-aging drugs haven't been invented by then, then my ambition is to be as fit as Mick Jagger at his age.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't like running either OP, never got on with it, always got shin splints and found it painful, too high impact. Doesn't mean I don't find cardio enjoyable - I quite enjoy using the rowing machine, and have gotten endorphin highs from using that for cardio. I get most of my exercise-induced endorphin highs from lifting though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Running is dull as ****.

I do 3-4 mile runs once or twice a week to help improve my stamina for sport but it's never fun.

There are SO many sports out there I can't believe anybody can't find one they enjoy. My problem is I wanna do too many.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sports are so much fun to play but my god I find running boring. I tried doing the couch to 5k program and got to week 6 before I couldn't take any more, I absolutely detest running for no reason. On a treadmill is even worse. But I do love going to the gym, rowing is really fun and I really enjoy lifting weights too. Exercise doesn't need to be dull, you just need to find the part you like.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Running is not the only sport! I am not really a running fan (although sometimes it can be enjoyable/relaxing) but I really enjoy other sports like weightlifting, swimming, skiing and even playing frisbee. It's all about finding the right form of exercise for you that gets you moving and your heart rate up a few times a week.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go with friends, find a team sport, listen to music

Also set yourself a goal - the pleasure you feel when you achieve it is brilliant
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    running isnt the only type of exercise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Find a forest and pretend you're in Middle Earth.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't really enjoy exercise, I just sort of do it. The way I do exercise doesn't make it enjoyable, plus all the injuries I have and lack of flexibility.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find running great as I get the excuse to get out the house and I listen to my audiobooks and can actually hear/finish them. I also enjoy dance as you get to be creative and have fun at the same time as exercising. Find the sport/activity that would challenge you but at the same time allow you to enjoy yourself is all I can advise after what all these guys have said.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love it! I went running three hours ago and even though my calf is now killing me, I actually feel like I'm high! (I've never taken drugs, but I imagine this is what it feels like!) :ahee:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't find exercise fun But I find I sleep a lot better when I've exercised and I want my body to improve and to be more healthy. so I force myself to do it anyway
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I dont understand it either, I am so unfit lol

I run for 5 minutes max and I can barely move, my stomach hurts, my head is dizzy, my mouth is dry and crappy, sweating like crazy and I just feel ill lol

Cycling is not so bad, I should get a bike...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 25, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Exercise tipsNutrition advice

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.