The Student Room Group

white ink tattoos

what's your opinions?
i know they're so controvers so they resemble a branding or scar!

i think they're so so pretty and delicate
thinking of getting a small swallow bird on my side just under my boob?

it's this for anyone that's never heard of them
White%u00252BInk%2BTattoos_14.jpg
tumblr_lmqcab7Abi1qa7yhno1_500.jpg
I have one.

They fade very quickly. Mine is essentially invisible now. I am very pale (I have to buy special foundation because all standard ones are too dark) and so my skin was the best kind to take white ink, but it still faded.

On taking the ink... Your skin type very much determines how it comes out. If you are very pale, it will come out like all the pictures you see on the internet. If you have a warm complexion or tan easily though, it will probably come out yellow. And god help you if you get it in the sun - some people report their white ink going brown and staying that way.

You will have to have the ink put in again about 3 times, which is expensive. If the ink is put in with a standard purple template, the template will contaminate the ink and make it a dirty grey colour.

Very few tattoo artists are willing to do it for the above reasons.

All in all, don't recommend.
Reply 2
Wow, they look crazy on white skin... as if you can almost see it "floating" in the skin, if you get what I mean?
Reply 3
They look like brands. Not that that's a bad thing, but might as well heat up some pastry cutters and press then on. Cheaper, same effect

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by neon
They look like brands. Not that that's a bad thing, but might as well heat up some pastry cutters and press then on. Cheaper, same effect

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

LOL
Reply 5
As stated above, white ink tattoos rarely last and for this reason, any reputable tattoo artist won't do one. The ink often disperses very fast, and after the initial tattoo and healing period, their 'suspended' effect fades to zilch and they just disappear. The ones you posted above are VERY fresh which is why they're so damn visible. There are NO healed photos of a white ink tattoo on the first 10 pages of Google images, and there's a lot of mislabelled scarification on there too.

Best bet is if you want something lasting that will give you your desired effect, find a modification shop that will perform electrocautery branding.
Not sure if I like those.
I’ve had my two white ink tattoos for five years now. The tattoos healed very well and the ink has held up really well the whole five years. You just need to make sure that you either cover it in the sun, or be extra diligent with sunscreen. The problem with white ink seems to be that they need to be done slower. This is because the needle needs to be frequently wiped during the making of the tattoo of you’ll just end up with a mix of white ink and metal shards which makes the tattoo greenish and faded right away.There is nothing wrong with a white tattoo as long as you look after it and get it done by an artist who knows what they are doing!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 8
Ktsmith.no1 where did you get yours done? Are you in the UK? I am looking for an experienced tattoo artist who can do this kind of thing
I am in the uk, but the guy who done them was a visiting Australian artist and I actually don’t know his name. It was him that told me the info :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest