The Student Room Group

Exeter students who have taken their car to uni - where have you parked it?

As the title of this thread alludes to, I'm wondering where students at Exeter who bring their cars with them actually park them?

Before anyone points it out, I know the uni doesn't encourage students to bring their own transport, and I have read on a thread somewhere on here that there is some parking available for those living at the off-campus halls - but:

1) I would prefer to bring my car as I'm a mature student, with elderly-ish parents, who lives nearly 200 miles away. When I came down for my interview, a return ticket cost £130 -.- As I'd mainly be using my car to go home, and not actually in Exeter much, I can't afford that kind of daylight robbery;

2) I will be living in on-campus halls (hopefully either Birks Grange or Northfield) so they won't have any onsite parking.

When I came down for the Open Day a year ago, a 3rd year student for the course I'll be doing said that she'd bought her car with her, and had had it there for the whole 3 years with no problem finding parking. Kinda wish I'd asked her for more details about that now...

I've looked on the Exeter council website for season tickets for parking, but where you want to park seems to depend on whether you're an 'eligible resident' or not, and I have a feeling that students don't come under that banner.

So Exeter students with cars, tell me your parking secrets please!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending