Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Had a car accident

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok im still 17 and had a car accident 2 weeks ago. Only had my license for 3 months. I wrote of the car :/ now what?!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    your fault or what?

totally going to depend on the circumstances and what insurance you had - whether you get a new car or whatever

what's guaranteed is your insurance is going to shoot up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    erm it wasnt completely my fault, the road was very wet and when turning the car slipped. Luckily i was insured but still...
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nwlondon)
    erm it wasnt completely my fault, the road was very wet and when turning the car slipped. Luckily i was insured but still...
    so no third party involved? Did you hit a house or something that could have a person to be claimed off. What age is the car and what damage did it sustain, it might not be written off. What kind of cover you got?

And sorry mate but under your insurance you are at fault for this accident. And it will go down as a fault claim.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ok im still 17 and had a car accident 2 weeks ago. Only had my license for 3 months. I wrote of the car :/ now what?!
    I had an accident a few months ago- they're dead scary i'll give you that.
    Unfortunately, cos you've crashed your insurance premiums will soar right up :/

What actually happened? Did you crash into someone/something? (sorry if that question has been answered by the time I post this)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't hurt or damage anybody or anybody's property then you shouldn't have contacted the insurance. Dump the car if you are sure it is written off, the premiums for claiming are extortionate. If it is repairable I'd advise to look at getting it repaired without the insurance company. Need that no claims man!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pitt1988)
    If you didn't hurt or damage anybody or anybody's property then you shouldn't have contacted the insurance. Dump the car if you are sure it is written off, the premiums for claiming are extortionate. If it is repairable I'd advise to look at getting it repaired without the insurance company. Need that no claims man!
    Dump the car? Then what?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get a new car and transfer insurance. Unless it was a mega expensive car it's going to work out better in the long run with insurance increases through claiming. Worst mistake I made, writing off my first car that was worth about 800 quid for my insurance to double.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be a complete arse but if that's the case then it was completely your fault, if it's rainy and wet on the roads you slow down to take account of it and take extra care
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sell the car for scrap and buy a new one

Do not claim on the insurance.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 19, 2012
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.