Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Slumdog Millionaire...feel good??

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

At the moment I'm doing a research investigation on the representation on the human spirit in films and need your help.

I want to hear your views on Slumdog Millionaire, do you think it's a feel good film or a film that points out many flaws in society? Why?

As per, all responses will be anonymous on my report but by commenting you give me the right to use your views in this investigation.

Cheers!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think both! i love watching it, but it does also have elements which as you say, point out many flaws in society. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it though...
    It's got a gripping plot line, and is gripping visually, as well as having a good soundtrack.
    I would classify it as feel good because i feel happy after watching it - they all live happily ever after!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nooshkabob)
    I think both! i love watching it, but it does also have elements which as you say, point out many flaws in society. That doesn't mean you can't enjoy it though...
    It's got a gripping plot line, and is gripping visually, as well as having a good soundtrack.
    I would classify it as feel good because i feel happy after watching it - they all live happily ever after!
    Thanks!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's an amazing movie coz it grasps the Indian culture thoroughly and even the negative connotations are so basic and so simple that they add to the beauty of the movie. Strong storyline and the simple lives of three people shown over the course of years is beautiful and very very realistic
    I LOVE IT

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a 'feel good' movie in the most genuinely appreciable sense of the term. A lot of people saw it as depressing and bleak, because they wanted a cheap, Hollywood, 'feel good' movie, in which the plot is never allowed to settle on anything more than the most inane or light of subject matters; even that has to provide a smile or cheesy, soppy, quote per minute.

Slumdog Millionaire is a truly 'feel good' movie because it actually gets you involved with characters, highlighting the human condition, flaws, the difficulty of circumstance etc to draw you in - causing you to emotionally invest in the characters - before rewarding your involvement with the three dimensional characters with a pay out that works two-fold: a very happy ending, which is doubly so thanks to the fact that you know what the protagonist has been through.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 19, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki film section

Quick link:

Unanswered film threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.