Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did my maths exam in pencil

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I did my igcse maths exam in pencil cuz the invigulator didnt read the instructions and it was my first exam .. Had no idea so nasically i did the whole paper in pencil but my other exam was in pen .. My examintatiins officer sent an email to cie but im worried will thry mark it ?! What makes things wirse is that the exam was soi easy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im unsure as to whether they will mark it. most papers these days are scanned into a computer and so the pencil may not show up. however, not really sure of this.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The exams are scanned, but when you draw graphs etc in a maths exam you do it in pencil, thus if it can be still marked I'm unsure. Best bet is to wait for a response to your examinations officer. Good luck.

Found a thread that might help you out: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1677043&page=2
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thx yea i already saw thay thread wasnt much help reallyi was hopingbsomeone who did the same mistake would tell me what happened with them, anyways thx alot!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Exerminer may erase it and give you 0
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My friend did his chemistry AS in pencil. According to our exams officer as long as it's a regular hb pencil it should scan.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my SK17i
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I believe that when they scan the exams in, someone checks they've all been scanned properly and if they're unreadable then they send off a hard copy of your exam to the marker. However, this is not official word, so you may want to sanity check this.
    • 344 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hotchikka)
    I did my igcse maths exam in pencil cuz the invigulator didnt read the instructions and it was my first exam .. Had no idea so nasically i did the whole paper in pencil but my other exam was in pen .. My examintatiins officer sent an email to cie but im worried will thry mark it ?! What makes things wirse is that the exam was soi easy
    There is no problem here. Thousands of students do their exams in pencil every year. A good number of them seem to be on TSR!

Your paper will scan perfectly well. If it didn't for some reason, they would simply look at the original.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thx everyone i feel much more releived ok ill just have to wait and see
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr M)
    There is no problem here. Thousands of students do their exams in pencil every year. A good number of them seem to be on TSR!

Your paper will scan perfectly well. If it didn't for some reason, they would simply look at the original.
    Yes i realised that its a very common issue anyways thanks alott

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 20, 2012
New on TSR

Have a UCAS application question?

Post it in our dedicated forum

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.