The Student Room Group

how much to write for 16 mark edexcel gcse questions?

My history teacher has always said to write 2+ pages for the 16 mark questions to get full marks, but the mark scheme shows a pretty small answer, which I think wouldn't take up more than a little more than 1 page. We always run out of time when we write loads anyway. My exam is on Russia and is tomorrow

Mark scheme example answer:

I think Bolshevik unity, war communism and the support of the People are three key reasons. Unlike the Whites (who were fighting for many reasons), the Bolsheviks were united in their desire to bring about a communist government. War Communism was about making sure the army was fed. Food was given to the army before they it was given to the people. The support of the people was also important. The Bolsheviks had the support of the industrial workers and the peasants, who saw the Whites as representing the old corrupt regime and so opposed them. I think the unity is the most important. You could have had support and a good army, but if you weren’t united you could have broken into weak groups competing for power. But then again, you could argue that without war communism and the support of the people, they couldn’t win anyway.

An examiner would probably have to mark loads of papers with loads of really long answers, so if I didn't write loads, I would probably get marked down for quantity. But the mark scheme shows a pretty damn small answer, what should I do? My exam's tomorrow. :eek:
I reckon a page and a half should be alright, good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
But on the other hand if yours was shorter in comparison and they had loads to mark they might prefer it and mark it the same as long as it had the correct points
Reply 3
You might want to double check the mark scheme, I've got the same exam, but when it gives you the answer it generally says it's an extract and to me that looks like a conclusion. It doesn't have to be too long, a sentence intro, the points explained and justified and a conclusion ranking all three on order of importance (:

Good luck! :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 4
Thanks
My teacher says it should be 2 paragraphs and a linking/conclusive paragraph stating which is the most important
Reply 5
I've been told to write a page and a half, but I never have enough material to write that much, so I only write about a page, so good luck :biggrin:
Reply 6
minimum 3 paragraphs will get 100%

Latest

Trending

Trending