Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Azealia Banks

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    After my post yesterday which split a few people over Lana Del Rey, I've got another new controversial artist to discuss...

Azealia Banks.

Potty-mouthed, arrogant little girl or the saviour of female rap?

Let's go!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like Azealia Banks, she's got a decent flow and she tends to vocal really dancey, ravey beats which is nice. The only problem I have with her is that 212 is such a sick tune that everything she's released after it, whilst still very good, can't quite reach the same heights for me. She's got a new mixtape and album coming out this year though so plenty of time for her to change that. Either way, she effortlessly pisses over most of the stuff in the charts at the moment.

• 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liquorice is amazing, such a nice beat!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say she's the "saviour of female rap" since her style is too diverse for me to really think of her as a rapper.

I think she's great though. Plus I would.
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthewoingram)
    After my post yesterday which split a few people over Lana Del Rey, I've got another new controversial artist to discuss...

Azealia Banks.

Potty-mouthed, arrogant little girl or the saviour of female rap?

Let's go!
    Both . I find her really refreshing, her different style of rapping over dancy ravey beats. Two different styles of music that I really like being brought together like that, is just wow :woo:

This is probably a lil sad of me, but I also really like that she has a song called 1991, cos that's the year I was born
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    She's a good all rounder.

Good rapper & singer.

But yeah i haven't felt that 212 vibe with her later release's idk, hopefully it'll be there on the mixtape.

Plus i like that she doesnt use typial rap beats, the house & funky are really nice
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd do her
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    She's one of the few female rappers who can actually peform live compared to some other female rappers like Nicki Minaj:sigh:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think she is great, going to see her live at the end of summer
    However, I think referring to her as a 'saviour' may be a little extreme. I would definately say shes a talented lady though. I think people just get uppity when somebody with something a little 'new' comes along as they don't want to seem to be jumping on the band-wagon/scene but such people need to get over themselves, if they don't want to listen to something, then, fine, don't! And I equally won't make you listen to it.
    I always try and avoid bitching about a persons music taste. Its so subjective
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    212 (feat. Lazy Jay) is fricking insane but nothing has come close yet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    This is probably a lil sad of me, but I also really like that she has a song called 1991, cos that's the year I was born
    Same haha. It's a bit depressing though, she was only born a couple of months before me and she's done a fair bit more with her life than I have lol. Ah well.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like her, I just hope her parents haven't listened to that song...
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find her amazing ^^ Liquorice is a reaally good song and the video is awesome as well. Her entire EP is a must in my opinion.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I couldnt understand any of 212 when I heard it on the radio cos of the edits, but when I heard it at home...:jerry:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    212 is amazing, Liquorice is good, the rest doesn't come anywhere near. I'm hoping she doesn't continually disappoint.
    • 91 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    Same haha. It's a bit depressing though, she was only born a couple of months before me and she's done a fair bit more with her life than I have lol. Ah well.
    Well, if we're gonna be talking that way, then I'm pretty jealous of Justin Bieber who is about 2.5 years younger than me and has achieved so much in his life already than I have :sigh:

(Original post by Taio Cruz)
    I couldnt understand any of 212 when I heard it on the radio cos of the edits, but when I heard it at home...:jerry:
    :lol: It's one of those songs where censoring it really ruins it! I'm so glad I listened to the explicit version first, or else I might not have liked it so much, lol.

In other words, does anyone else think all the songs on her EP (apart from 212) sound really similar to each other, especially 1991 and Liquorice? They're all good, don't get me wrong, but it's just a little hard for me to tell them apart when I'm not looking at the song name while listening.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think she's ****ing fantastic.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love 212! though I admit I don't think any of her other songs which I've heard so far are as good as 212.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely adore her, she's a brilliant rapper and she looks gorgeous in the Liquorice video without looking too trashy (the lyrics are a whole different story though). At times she reminds me a bit of Missy, especially on the track Aquababe, but of course she's definitely a fresh, original artist. I wasn't too keen on 1991 because it's a bit slower-paced but it'll probably grow on me. I love her attitude, she seems really enthusiastic to just make music, not just money. I reckon she's going to switch up the whole rap game in the next few years.
    Can't wait for the album!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know how she got on at Hackney Weekend??

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 28, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.