The Student Room Group

Interview/Assessment at Boots

I have an interview this Saturday and I would rather work there than McDonalds which I have a job offer for now. Has anyone had a recent interview at Boots? What is it like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by cat_lover
I have an interview this Saturday and I would rather work there than McDonalds which I have a job offer for now. Has anyone had a recent interview at Boots? What is it like?

Hiya I used to work at Boots and it's a brilliant place to work with good pay so best of luck getting the job.

I know they updated the interview process a bit recently so I'll run through how I was interviewed.
They first asked me some questions about myself, the usual kind of stuff, 'what was a time you worked in a team' them kind of questions.
Then I was taken onto the shop floor and the interviewer described a few scenarios similar to those on the online assessment, you just have to say what you think is the best thing to do it's just common sense really.
Then they gave me a hand cream to go and put forward to customers, they give you information on the product and it's usually one that's on promotion, you've got to approach customers yourself and just maintain a friendly approach even if they say no.
Then the roles switch and youve got to picky our own product and show how passionate you are about it so pick something you really like!

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Danatlive
Hiya I used to work at Boots and it's a brilliant place to work with good pay so best of luck getting the job.

I know they updated the interview process a bit recently so I'll run through how I was interviewed.
They first asked me some questions about myself, the usual kind of stuff, 'what was a time you worked in a team' them kind of questions.
Then I was taken onto the shop floor and the interviewer described a few scenarios similar to those on the online assessment, you just have to say what you think is the best thing to do it's just common sense really.
Then they gave me a hand cream to go and put forward to customers, they give you information on the product and it's usually one that's on promotion, you've got to approach customers yourself and just maintain a friendly approach even if they say no.
Then the roles switch and youve got to picky our own product and show how passionate you are about it so pick something you really like!

Good luck!

Hey :smile: I also have an interview for boots on Friday and I'm pretty nervous! Do you have any suggestions as to what to wear? What would you recommend for a girl to wear? Just a plain black blazer and black trousers?
Any help will be VERY much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, I've never worked at Boots but my bestfriend has. She wore a high waisted knee length skirt with a smart shirt tucked in, her hair back into a neat bun and red lipstick to look really smart. She told me she had to hand baskets out to people, search for objects around the store for the interviewer, ask people if they needed help and try and sell a product to customers. Make sure you know your way all around the store and good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by LiLix
Hey :smile: I also have an interview for boots on Friday and I'm pretty nervous! Do you have any suggestions as to what to wear? What would you recommend for a girl to wear? Just a plain black blazer and black trousers?
Any help will be VERY much appreciated! :smile:

Oh Im so sorry I've only just seen your post, hope the interview went well!
Reply 5
hi, my interview is tomorrow. I am quiet nervous now. I have decided to wear white shirt and black pant. What do you guys think? will it be okay? About the interview can anyone tell what are questions they asked and what was your answer? I just want to get fully prepared for the interview.....! By the way i've applied for 'customer assistant '

Thanks
Ruman
Reply 6
Does anyone know if Boots will let you know if you're unsuccessful? That was a question I forgot to ask at my interview...it's been 4 days already?
How long do they usually take?
Reply 7
Does anyone know if Boots will let you know if you're unsuccessful? That was a question I forgot to ask at my interview...it's been 4 days already?

Hi, They will let you know, I applied for the Christmas temp. assistant last year...eventually got call for the interview...they send me the 'unsuccessful' e-mail after a month may be.....
Reply 8

anyway best of luck
Reply 9

Up to a week is normal.

Sadly, this day and age, recruitments are overworked and underpaid - therefore they often don't even bother to contact unsuccessful candidates.
Reply 10
Got the job at last...yaaaaaaay
Reply 11
Original post by rumanbsl
Got the job at last...yaaaaaaay

Well done :smile:
Sadly, I was rejected :frown:
Reply 12
Just had my interview today, and it really wasn't that bad! The interviewer seemed quite busy and mentioned she had another 13 interviews to go through and 3 inductions so my interview would definitely not last an hour. Infact it only lasted about 20 minutes!

Firstly she checked my details with me e.g. when I am available to work/my contact details..

She then asked me some questions such as:
- Why did you apply for this position
- Name a time you went the extra mile for a person
- Name a time you've went out of your way to help someone
- Name a time you learnt from your mistake
- How would you make a customer feel welcome when you've only just met them?
- What different techniques would you use to maximise sales?
- How would you provide an excellent customer service?

To be honest she didn't expect very long answers and was very understanding as she knew I was nervous.

She then took me to the shop floor when it was quiet and firstly told me to sell my appealing product to her (Vaseline Lip Therapy). She then took me to the front of the store where I had to read customer's body language. Lastly she took me to an isle and asked me how I would tidy it up. I said the obvious such as bring products to front, re-stock, make prices more clearer, get rid of any rubbish, and take any items which don't belong in the aisle to the right place!!

She then said she'll get back to me and ended the interview
Original post by ekta9

She then asked me some questions such as:
- Name a time you went the extra mile for a person
- Name a time you've went out of your way to help someone
- Name a time you learnt from your mistake

Oh gosh, I've got my interview tomorrow and I am struggling with those. I just have very little experience so I'm finding it difficult. It's putting me off going. Did you hear back yet? :smile:
Well the interview process was a completely new thing they were trying. Didn't go too well, I don't think.
Reply 15
Original post by Chapter One
Well the interview process was a completely new thing they were trying. Didn't go too well, I don't think.

What process did you have to go through then?! And what makes you think it didn't go too well, hopefully you'll get the job!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by LiLix
What process did you have to go through then?! And what makes you think it didn't go too well, hopefully you'll get the job!!

It was all focussed on the No 7 range and the only instruction was to "spend some time" at the No 7 counter, and the interviewer left me to it (and watched from behind an aisle) It was quite vague! So I just looked at it, tidied it up a bit and then they took me in a room and asked questions about it (what are my opinions on the range, does it look like a premium brand / display, how would you improve it etc.) Thanks! :smile: Though I did get a call back since so it must've gone okay.
Reply 17
Original post by Chapter One
Oh gosh, I've got my interview tomorrow and I am struggling with those. I just have very little experience so I'm finding it difficult. It's putting me off going. Did you hear back yet? :smile:

Sorry just read your message! How did your interview go? Yeah I heard back the next day.. Got an email saying "Unsuccessful" :frown: But then had an interview at Next a few days later and got that job! :smile:
Reply 18
Omg u people who got the job r soo lucky! Seriously I'm 16 and I applied for all the positions in london. All I got was emails about hoe unfortunately they found someone else

Reply 19
Original post by ekta9
Sorry just read your message! How did your interview go? Yeah I heard back the next day.. Got an email saying "Unsuccessful" :frown: But then had an interview at Next a few days later and got that job! :smile:

ekta what did u write in ur next application about why u wanted to work there and ur experiences? Thnx

Quick Reply

Latest