The Student Room Group

PHY1H (OLD SPEC) Unit 1 AQA GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Aidanb90
It was snow, there were higher levels of UV detected because the snow reflects more back into the dummy's eyes. . . I think.

Crap! I lost one mark there then!! *******

I drew the analogue graph as an alternating current graph, but I drew the digital graph as bar chart graph (as in I drew it properly with spaces between bars). Would I lose 1 mark then for drawing the incorrect analogue graph?
But if it reflects off the surface then it I'd more likely to hit the person so I put snow. What was the independent variable. Was it the dummy changing sides or he surface ?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e
Reply 42
what topics came up.. someone make an unofficial markscheme?
Reply 43
Original post by ClarkyC...
But if it reflects off the surface then it I'd more likely to hit the person so I put snow. What was the independent variable. Was it the dummy changing sides or he surface ?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e

the surface definitely..
Reply 44
Original post by Frankster

I drew the analogue graph as an alternating current graph, but I drew the digital graph as bar chart graph (as in I drew it properly with spaces between bars). Would I lose 1 mark then for drawing the incorrect analogue graph?

I didn't think you had to draw graphs. Just a random squiggly line for analogue to show variation, and a Rectangle up and down line for digital to show 0 and 1 positions.

Or am I wrong?
Reply 45
Original post by Frankster

Probably just one. Did you need to add labels? I did just to make sure.

Original post by ClarkyC...

Independent variable was surface, I guess, it seemed the point of the investigation to find out which surface reflected more. And I'm pretty sure it was snow. P.S nice phone
Reply 46
I didn't think you had to draw graphs. Just a random squiggly line for analogue to show variation, and a Rectangle up and down line for digital to show 0 and 1 positions.

Or am I wrong?

That's what I thought!
Yeh I did surface and snow. And thanks though I am not sure why it needs to tell you my phone name haha

Reply 48
Original post by clare1111
That's what I thought!

Or am I wrong?

Yeah I meant in the box... it didn't have to be a full graph with axes such and such - just a normal line or rough sketch of what it is...
To clarify the analogue was just a graph with varying amplitude and the digital was straight same height like lines with discrete values

Reply 50
What were the topics in the exam???? Well???
A lot on radiation and communications, some on biogas which is a bit weird lol

Reply 52
Lol :smile: Thats it? what kind of questions?
Is this for a mark scheme or something?

Reply 54
Yeah :smile:
Anyone get cobalt 60 as the material to irradiate food with?
Reply 56
Me :smile: Please remind of all the questions and topics? :biggrin:
Also, did everyone get UVC as the UV radiation that doesn't harm human eyes and skin?
Reply 58
Original post by R.P.Everything.
Anyone get cobalt 60 as the material to irradiate food with?

I DID! because gamma can pass through packaging and it had a fairly long halflife and it was the least ionising but im not too sure about the ionising part :s
Omfg after looking at this i failed :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest