The Student Room Group

PHY1H (OLD SPEC) Unit 1 AQA GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
What about the multiple choice one? I put social (protests?) and environmental (possible radiation into atmosphere?)

I spent quite a lot of time at the end on this one... I just don't see how that could be wrong! Though it was a strange question, it's really open to interpretation.
Reply 101
Original post by Aidanb90
Lol that was such a random question. I just treated it like medical tracing like in kidneys :frown:

yep same here, I talked about the effects if the person ATE it, but we dont know if they did or not :frown:
Reply 102
Original post by ClarkyC...
You said there the bacteria is simply killed... Thats what you want

Yeah I know, I mean that the gamma just kills the bacteria it doesn't actually get absorbed by the food so the food isn't actually radioactive or harmful to people.
Reply 103
for the multiple choice one, who picked the first one? is that right cos i picked it!
Reply 104
Original post by Nikhil_m
for the multiple choice one, who picked the first one? is that right cos i picked it!

If it was the one that said 'ethical and economic' then I put that too :smile: I think it is right as quite a lot of people I spoke to put the same

Ethical as it relate to the possibility of harming children with microwave exposure.
Economical because it involves the school receiving money for it :smile:
Original post by Student95
If it was the one that said 'ethical and economic' then I put that too :smile: I think it is right as quite a lot of people I spoke to put the same

Ethical as it relate to the possibility of harming children with microwave exposure.

I agree - with all the talk of danger to children in the exam, it had to be ethical, and as it mentioned the school being paid for the masts, it must be economic too.
Reply 106
could you say for why is it good ot have no insulation around chimney...because overall heating bills will be lower as u can pay less for heating as the chimney will radiate more heat as theres not insulation and heat up the huose
Reply 107
Suggest one reason why people should know if their food is radiated or not? (1)
was that a question in the exam? don't remember it 0.o
Reply 108
could you say for why is it good ot have no insulation around chimney...because overall heating bills will be lower as u can pay less for heating as the chimney will radiate more heat as theres not insulation and heat up the huose

Yeah thats right.
Reply 109

basically, my teacher said that, it's ethical and economic because it raises awareness as school is paying for the increase in risk to students. So this is worrying as they put children at risk! by the way was there a question like 'Suggest one reason why people should know if their food is radiated or not? (1)'
Reply 110
cheers bud!
Reply 111
Yeah thats right.

Do you think you'd get the mark for just saying that the upstairs bedrooms and loft would also heat up? Or do you think you had to refer to reduce in bill cost and stuff? :s-smilie:
Reply 112
Suggest one reason why people should know if their food is radiated or not? (1)
was that a question in the exam? don't remember it 0.o

It was suggest why they put weather it has been radiated or not on the menu or something.

I think they just wanted 'so the people can make an informed decision on eating it or not'
Reply 113
Suggest one reason why parents are against the use of mobile phones (1) - unreliable data ? is thar right cos it said that in the passage
Reply 114
Do you think you'd get the mark for just saying that the upstairs bedrooms and loft would also heat up? Or do you think you had to refer to reduce in bill cost and stuff? :s-smilie:

Dunno I just put it radiates more heat to the rooms. You possibly would get it.
Reply 115
It was suggest why they put weather it has been radiated or not on the menu or something.

I think they just wanted 'so the people can make an informed decision on eating it or not'

yep spot on, memorised the answer for something like that from a previous mark scheme :smile:
Reply 116
Suggest one reason why parents are against the use of mobile phones (1) - unreliable data ? is thar right cos it said that in the passage

Think you had to say that the long term effects of microwave exposure have not been proven. But that is unreliable so possibly :smile:
Reply 117
basically, my teacher said that, it's ethical and economic because it raises awareness as school is paying for the increase in risk to students. So this is worrying as they put children at risk! by the way was there a question like 'Suggest one reason why people should know if their food is radiated or not? (1)'

Yeah it was something along the lines of 'suggest why it is important to tell people that the food has been irridated with radiation'.. I didn't really know what to put but I put something like people should be able to make a choice or decision whether they want to eat the food and it is unethical to not tell them as they have a right to know..
I don't know if that is right but it's one of those iffy questions I guess..
Reply 118
Yeah it was something along the lines of 'suggest why it is important to tell people that the food has been irridated with radiation'.. I didn't really know what to put but I put something like people should be able to make a choice or decision whether they want to eat the food and it is unethical to not tell them as they have a right to know..
I don't know if that is right but it's one of those iffy questions I guess..

yeah thats right!!
Reply 119
Think you had to say that the long term effects of microwave exposure have not been proven. But that is unreliable so possibly :smile:

ahh, I'm sure it said something like scientists have stated the evidence is unreliable, and that the long term effects were not studied... so I THINK you may be able to put un reliable data :/

Quick Reply

Latest