The Student Room Group

Guys: Do you do this after sex.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James4d
****ing women. This is why you boggle us.

HE WAS HOLDING YOUR HAND BECAUSE HE WANTED TO HOLD YOUR HAND.

Men are really simple. Like, ridiculously simple. Most of us don't have an agenda, hate the 'hard to get' game and all the playing and hinting that comes from relationships. The truth of the matter is, we usually have no clue.

If you have sex with someone, regardless of how 'one night standish' the encounter is, you feel some connection. He held your hand because, ****, why not. He's already held onto every other part of your body.

If your question is 'do guys like holding hands after sex'.. well.. its a bit ridiculous. I've held hands after sex, yeah.

So, in answer to your question- men can hold hands after sex, and some will. If they want to. Mystery solved.

tumblr_m4r3hjxCp31qmfmpv.gif

You sir are my hero.
Reply 61
Original post by James4d

He held your hand because, ****, why not. He's already held onto every other part of your body.

How did i miss your brilliant post on first page?

And you just killed it with that line.

Holding hands has become more intimate than sex now.

Someone please shoot me. The world has literally gone upside down!!!!!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by MostUncivilised
This.

Kissing, cuddling, holding hands, stroking etc etc is all pretty normal behaviour during sex. If I was hooking up with someone for a one night stand and they were circumspect about kissing or holding hands, but not circumspect about letting me stick my **** inside them, I'd see it as being pretty silly and artificial distinction to make.

To be honest I can see the op's side of it. Don't disregard what im trying to say just cause im a virgin im just saying what i think. Ok basically ive always thought that sex and affection are 2 different things. Guys can get turned on by looking at hot women and obviously having sex with a sexy body right? But how can you have affection/have caring feelings for for a woman you dont know and just like the body of?:confused: I didnt know affection came into one night stands since they often happen between people who dont know each other. How can you care about/have affection for someone you don't know???

I thought affection mainly existed in relationships. Do you see how sex and affection are seperate?

What the OP was saying is that holding hands is a sign of affection/caring feelings rather than sexual attraction.
Reply 63
Original post by noteraz

She means emotionally intimate. I think holding hands shows a lot more affection for a person than sex these days.
im with you OP.

If its just a sex thing id feel so uncomfortable holding their hand and stuff after :s-smilie:

I have a guy mate and we kiss and cuddle and its nice and stuff, but then if i was seeing a guy purely for sexual things i wouldnt even expect them to stay over tbh.....they could if they wanted to, i wouldnt be like **** off or anything, but i would certainly feel uncomfortable cuddling someone- would feel really false.
Original post by almosttrue
To be honest I can see the op's side of it. Don't disregard what im trying to say just cause im a virgin im just saying what i think. Ok basically ive always thought that sex and affection are 2 different things. Guys can get turned on by looking at hot women and obviously having sex with a sexy body right? But how can you have affection/have caring feelings for for a woman you dont know and just like the body of?:confused: I didnt know affection came into one night stands since they often happen between people who dont know each other. How can you care about/have affection for someone you don't know???

I thought affection mainly existed in relationships. Do you see how sex and affection are seperate?

What the OP was saying is that holding hands is a sign of affection/caring feelings rather than sexual attraction.

exactly this and what i just put above :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
Hooked up with guy, he held my hand :colonhash:

IDK I think there has only been one time I cuddle with a woman after sex, if she wants it then fine I'll do it but otherwise unless I care for her (which has only really been the once) I won't bother.
Reply 67
Original post by Wilfred Little
You're wrong, you're insecure and these people are just "sexually liberated" :rolleyes:

I think you, along with some others are missing my point.
I see hand holding and cuddling etc as affectionate and things more coupley.
I'm not saying roll over and fall asleep, but there was something that felt odd about it.

However, that may be as I mentioned above that the first person I slept with didn't do that stuff with me after sex, but that was generally an incredibly unhealthy relationship and I should never have slept with him. This is only the second person I've slept with though, so I'm not sure what usually happens during such arrangements,
Reply 68
Original post by noteraz

I see hand holding as affectionate, and I'm talking in context of the situation. We'd hooked up, we've been clear about what we did and did not want, so I was just confused. I'm not an expert regarding the area of casual sex.
Reply 69
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
The contemporary world.

People are comfortable and free with sharing their bodies about like a blunt but balk at emotional intimacy.

(I kid).

OP, he might like you for more than a booty-call, might want to check up on it.

As I've said previously, the first person I slept with wasn't affectionate after sex so this will have shaped my views, this guy is only the second I've slept with. I think he's unusual though as he kisses me when we've greeted and said bye, so I think he's just a gentleman in general.

Also, he's been very straight and told me he doesn't want anything serious, which I respect him for rather than stringing me along.
This **** just blew my mind. How utterly rubbish must sex be if it doesn't involve any kind of intimacy O_o
Bitchez be craze

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending